Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Spectrums  by Eärillë

Genre: Tragedy

Rating: PG

Summary: What happened to Melian after Elu, the last of her incarnate family, was dead?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melian jerked as if punched. There had been surprise, betrayal, rage, and then… nothing. She felt nothing through her bond. There was only emptiness. A black void.

Elu was dead. Her spouse, to whom she had dedicated her life and love in the recent star-turnings, had past west to Lord Námo’s keeping; reembodied only later (and it was even just a possibility) by the grace of Lord Námo and the mercy of Eru.

A chill, which had little to do with the slaughter happening in the treasury below, swept through her whole being like a tide of choking malice. She would scream, except that her throat could no longer work properly.

Her body became translucent, then transparent, following the command of her subconscious will. – Forsake this wreckage, like she had Almaren. Follow her spouse westward…

She returned to her natural form, and for a moment she was gripped by disorientation. Everything was so much different in the perception of a born spirit in natural form. No incarnate senses to ground her, literally and metaphysically… And no ties to anchor her to this war-torn land also. Luthien was dead. Elu was dead.

She fled. The burden was too much to bear.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List