Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

GamgeeFest's Keepsakes  by GamgeeFest

Written for the LOTR_Community's "Short and Sweet" challenge. This was a fixed length challenge. My element was 250 words.

 

 

A Very Important Question

Summer 1418 SR

“I’ve liked you since you poured honey on my pillowcase that night we were camping by the pond. When I discovered it was you who framed me for stealing the post, I knew you were a worthy opponent in every way. When you lectured me about proper dining etiquette, all the while with mustard smeared on your cheek, I knew then I was in love with you. Pervinca Took, will you marry me?” Everard asked, hope in his eyes and heart.

“I don’t understand this relationship,” Ferdibrand said. 

“Do you think she’ll say yes?” Everard asked.

“I think she’ll be asleep by the time you finish with that proposal,” Ferdi said. “You should keep it short and sweet, like ‘I love you, so marry me already’.”

At this exact moment, Pervinca entered the sitting room where they were hiding. She arched an eyebrow. “That’s unexpected.” 

“Per!” Everard said, lighting up. “I have something I need to ask you.”

“Me first,” Pervinca said, holding up the torn parchment that began her hunt for Everard an hour ago. “What’s this? I said you could borrow my sketchbook, not violate it.”

“It’s just the one piece,” Everard began, then quickly changed strategy. “It was an accident. I’m sorry.”

“Not yet you aren’t, but you will be,” Pervinca said, turning to leave. “And the answer is yes.”

Everard beamed, turned Pervinca around and kissed her. 

Ferdi shook his head. He still didn’t understand it, but there was no denying they were a perfect match.




GF 6/28/10





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List