Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Road Goes Ever On  by Little Mouse

Prompt: Rasp

Resolve

  "I'm through!" Elrond called. "It opens into a tunnel."

  "Coming," Elros replied.

  Elrond heard his twin maneuvering several barrels before the tunnel entrance. Above that was the more ominous rasp of claws on wood as the Wargs destroyed the door. 

  Elros emerged from the crawl space, followed by a mighty crash. "Is there anything we can use to block this side?"

  "Nothing," Elrond said. "It's all smooth dirt as far as I can see."

  A triumphant roar reached their ears. They shared a look, and as one drew their swords. The blades flickered blue. "Let's see where this tunnel leads."

Sometime in the Third Age...

  Elrohir gritted his teeth and pressed hard against the door. With each blow, the Twins lost a little more purchase. "We're not going to last," Elrohir gasped. 

  "Agreed," Elladan replied, breathless. "Where's Ada?"

  Elrohir concentrated. "Far enough," he answered grimly. 

  "We have to hold out," Elladan said. A shower of wooden splinters hit their heads. The Wargs were tearing the door apart.

  Elrohir readied his bow, then pushed away from the door. He locked eyes with Elladan, who nodded once, drew his sword, and slipped to the side. With a final rasp of claws on wood, the door splintered.

 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List