Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Road Goes Ever On  by Little Mouse

Prompt: Vice

 

Rescued

  It turned out the tunnel ended at a small dock.

  "Does Cirdan know where we are?" Elros asked.

  "Yes. He's on his way," Elrond said. His younger brother nodded, looking back at the river. Although they had not been pursued, Elrond remained on edge. 

  The prow of a swan ship pulled into view, and Elros turned to him. His eyes widened with horror, and he cried, "Look out!" 

  Elrond wheeled to see a huge Warg rushing straight at him. With no time to move, Elrond felt its razor-sharp teeth come down on his arm in a vice-grip.

Sometime in the Third Age...


  The bright swords sang, and the foul creatures died, piled around the door. But the Goblin masters remained outside, letting their pets have fun.

  Elrohir thrust his sword deep into a Warg's eye. Beside him, Elladan dispatched another, while yet more rushed in. In a storm of steel and fur they clashed.

  An elven horn sounded close by, and it seemed that the Twins might survive. But as Elrohir turned, the largest Warg he'd ever seen leapt into the room and straight for him. Too late to dodge, Elrohir felt its vice-like teeth clamp down on his arm.

 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List