Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

From the noteboook  by Anso the Hobbit

Title: Sleeping
Author: Anso the Hobbit
Notes: Not betaed. A series of drabbles from the viewpoint of those who love Merry the most.


Esmeralda Brandybuck watched her heart`s treasure and merry little lad sleep. Merry was lying curled up on his right side thumb in his mouth and with his nose slightly scrunched up in dreams and a bit of blanket firmly grasped in one wee fist securely tucked in under one cheek. Already he`d developed a preferred sleeping position, tossing and turning until he lay just so if someone unknowingly lay him any other way. She tucked the baby`s blankets more securely in about him and rocked the cradle back and forth with her foot, softly singing her own childhood`s favourite lullaby.

*****

Frodo soon got used to a little body sneaking in and snuggling up beside him demanding stories or songs or reassurances that no scary monsters was going to take them and that yes, Frodo felt very safe with such a force to be reckoned with as Merry to protect him. Then Merry would promptly fall asleep to Frodo`s soft voice and calm stroking of golden curls and snuggle in deeper and keep Frodo awake for still a bit with cold little feet. And Frodo would feel safe then, with the warming presence of little Merry in the bed beside him.


Possibly tbc... :)





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List