Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

From the noteboook  by Anso the Hobbit

Title: Sleeping (Part Two)
Author: Anso the Hobbit
Summary: A series of drabbles from the viewpoint of those who love Merry the most.
Note: Not betaed.

Pippin couldn`t think of anywhere more comfortable to sleep than beside his Merry. Merry would wrap his arms around him and snuggle him close and Pippin would lay his head on Merry`s shoulder and breathe in the smell that was his Merry – apple and leather and ponies and books. Then, when morning came he would search out soft exposed skin and tickle Merry awake and laugh as Merry opened his eyes and greeted the new day with a yawn.

Later, when safety got a new dimension Pippin burrowed down in Merry`s arms under the cloaks and blankets, giving as much as taking warmth.

******

Estella could watch her Merry sleep for hours, watching how his features smoothed out as the sleep deepened and the worries and troubles of the day disappeared. But sometimes they would give way for more troubled dreams than she`d ever thought possible and she`d take his hand then, crooning softly and reassuringly and stroke his brow and never letting go. Other times his face would smooth out and resemble the youthful face of the Merry she loved the best – the happy, contented and carefree Merry and she would smile and kiss his nose playfully and then happily lay down beside him.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List