Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

GamgeeFest's Keepsakes  by GamgeeFest

Another old fic getting posted. This was originally written for Valentine's Day last year.


Rosie's Day Off

1440 SR

"Sam? Did you forget to do something yesterday?"

"I don't think so. I got up early, as I had to be at Michel Delving by luncheon for the meeting with the shirrifs. Then I went to Waymeet to speak with Pippin about the fixing of the roads in Tookland. Then I came back home, had your wonderful meatloaf and taters for supper, tucked the little ones into their beds, told stories to the older ones and finally came to the study to try and answer a bit of mail afore seeking out my own bed. Why? Is there somewhat else I should have done?"

"Well, I suppose you didn't have the time, and it's not really all that important. Don't worry about it."

"No? Seems as you wouldn't have mentioned it if it weren't important. Here, dearest, lie down. You look right ready to fall over."

"That's your fault. You keep getting me pregnant. I would like to get through one year without having my belly swollen to the size of a pumpkin."

"If I recall correctly, it was you as found me in the cellar to have your way with me this time. You're as much to blame as I am. Is your back bothering you? Let me get the oil and I'll give you a massage. That better?"

"Much better. A little farther down. To the left. Ooh! Right there!"

"You know, I did do something yesterday as I didn't mention earlier."

"Hm? Huh? Oh, that's nice."

"I stopped by that little trinket store in town and picked up this here bottle of oil. It's supposed to be good for cramps and whatnot, and the scent is supposed to help relax you. Is it working very much?"

"Hmmmmmm."

"I'll take that as a yes. Anyway, I was going to give you your Sweetheart's Day gift yesterday, but by the time I got to bed you were passed out and snoring to wake the dead. I figured as you wouldn't appreciate me waking you up."

"Oooh, aaaah. Oh, right there. Oh, that hurts so good."

"So that's why I told Elanor and Frodo-lad as they're in charge of all their siblings today, and that's why they headed off for Tom and Marigold's to spend the morning helping them with the planting. Then they'll go into town this afternoon to do the marketing. They won't be home until it's time for them to cook dinner. You won't have to lift a finger for anything today."

"Oh, Sam. You're so good to me. I should have known you wouldn't have forgotten Sweetheart's Day. I love you so."

"I love you, Rose. You're all the gift I need."

"You're the sweetest husband a lass could hope for. ... You stopped massaging me."

"Oh! Sorry!"

"Oh, that's better."





GF 2/15/09




<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List