Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Glimpse  by Leah Beth

Chapter Four: Men (and one Woman)

Aragorn son of Arathorn (movie-verse)
It has been long since I visited here last. Ivy has grown over the small yet beautiful statue. Moss has imbedded itself in the letters engraved upon the statue's base. The Elves would have kept the statue tidy but that I asked them to leave it be.

My mother is not buried in Imladris, but I feel closer to her here than in the settlement where her body lies. She raised me here and so this is the only place with which I will ever associate her.

I am going away, Mother. I may never come back. Please forgive me.

Boromir son of Denethor (movie-verse)
"This will be the death of the Hobbits!" Even before the avalanche, this was your thought. Now that it has become apparent that more than the ill-will of the mountain is at work, you wonder why the Company ever attemped this route. The Gap of Rohan would be easier for all, especially the Halflings. It doesn't matter how close Isengard is to the Gap; nine people could slip past Saruman. Gandalf was a fool to attempt the Pass, you think.

Gimli mentions the Mines of Moria. After a moment of thought, Frodo chooses the Mines. He is a fool.

Eowyn

Alas that I was born a woman and not a man. Had I been born a man, I would not be riding in secret to war. I would not have need of a dead man's name, but would be able to ride openly with my uncle and brother. I would be able to earn renown for myself, not for Dernhelm.

I take comfort in the knowledge that I am not the only one to ride in secret. Meriadoc rides before me on Windfola. Maybe we will find glory together on the battlefield. More likely we will find only death together.

Faramir son of Denethor
In my dreams, I am surrounded by fire. It is everywhere, scorching my skin, burning my hair. The flames lick at all parts of my body. The heat is unbearable, the pain unimaginable. Just when I think it can get no worse, I wake.

I am covered in a cold sweat, yet I am shivering at the same time. This nightmare has plagued me since my father's death. I did not burn then, but I have burned every night since then.

I will not begrudge this dream, though, because this is the only time my father shows me any love.

*TBC*





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List