Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Glimpse  by Leah Beth

Chapter Five: Wizard and Dwarf

Gandalf the Grey
Old Toby has been my constant companion as I've waited for Frodo to wake. If I didn't know that I was in Rivendell, I would almost think I was in the Shire, popping in to check on Frodo.

It is my fault that he is in this state. If I had only realized Saruman's treachery a little sooner, I could have escaped from him and been with Frodo on Amon Sul. I could have spared him a fortnight of misery.

Frodo stirs slightly in his bed. "Where am I, and what is the time?" Ah, sweet music to my ears.

Gandalf the White
This feel oddly reminiscent, sitting beside the sickbed of a Hobbit, though I have come a long way since Rivendell, as has the lad. He has gone through more hardships than I could have imagined when I fought for his inclusion in the Fellowship. Had I know, I would have sent him home to his parents.

But then where would we be now? I may not have fallen in Moria, the Company might not have separated, and Sauron may have reclaimed His Ring. No, it was better that he came along. It was obviously meant to be.

"Get well, Peregrin."

Gimli son of Gloin
Where is he? Where is that impertinent young Hobbit? He has to be here somewhere. It's not as if he could have just disappeared into thin air, or thick air, as the case may be. He can't be far from here, this being the last place he was seen. He must be near. The field is littered with dead and dying, both Men and Orcs. But nowhere is a Hobbit to be seen in all the carnage. Where is he?

A large troll's body lies in the field. As it is rolled aside, the foot of a Hobbit becomes visible.

The End


End Notes:
Thank you for reading these drabbles. I've worked hard to keep everyone in character, so I hope you all enjoyed them. Now, I would ask you to please review. Reviews to me are like lembas are to Frodo and Sam. They sustain me to keep going, keep writing.

On a side note, I have now gotten a web journal (link in bio). Whenever I post a new story or a new chapter to an existing story, I'll put up a notice there. And one last thing: I'm planning on doing a major rewrite/revision/expansion of "Silver Lining," which I'll start later this month. I don't know when the first chapter will be up, but I hope to have it up soon after the new year. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know. My e-mail address is also available in my bio.

Thanks again!!





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List