Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Children of Doriath (B2MEM 2011)  by Kaylee Arafinwiel

Summary: There was no denying it; that letter had to be composed. Elwing sits down to write a letter, shortly before Elrond departs with the other Ringbearers.

 

"My dear sons,

I compose this letter knowing full well that only one of you will receive it from my hand, yet I feel I must write it to both of you. Though one of you has long departed the Circles of Arda...my Elros, how I shall miss you! You would be proud of your long-son; I certainly am. I have flown to Este's Isle and watched the doings of your children, and mine, in the reflecting pool she keeps for that purpose, even as my own great-aunt keeps hers.

Its power diminishes even now; but Este's does not.

Estel, Estel! Well did my son name you. Elrond, my son...soon we will be reunited! Soon...you will tell me tales of Estel, Aragorn, the Elessar, and the great deeds he and his friends accomplished.

Your daughter will wed him, Elrond...your brother's line will cleave to yours. Ah, my children...the end of the Peredhil. The Elder Days have gone indeed, and the Middle Days fade now. Elessar's reign will usher in the Age of Men, and may the Younger Days be peaceful ones.

Soon your wife will be returned to you. And your son! Yes, son, I said, though if one ignores the time he dwelt in Mandos, he is old enough to be my father. No, he has bowed to my service and asked to learn what you will teach him. Alcarin he was in earlier days; Alcarin Morifinwion. You will know that name. Bestow upon him a new one, my son...for I think he will accept the gift of a new life from you, more than anyone else.

May the Valar bless you, and Lord Ulmo speed you on your way; may Lady Elbereth's stars light the Straight Road for you.

Naneth

Elwing, Lady of Aewellond

 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List