Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Glimpses of Middle-earth  by Linda Hoyland

B2MeM Challenge Song lyrics - Even though you're a big strong girl the best laid plans are in your open hands. The Steward and his Sons - Seek for the sword that was broken; Tolkien's Tree- Nimloth.. Book Titles - Dead Poet's Society. Facets of Faramir - Questioner. Last Lines- - was alive but taken by the enemy.

Format: Double drabble

Genre: general,
Rating: PG

Warnings: Total hokum to fit in my prompts until I could write something better as the Muses were being stubborn.

Characters: Faramir, Eowyn

Pairings: Faramir/ Eowyn

Summary: Faramir and Eowyn discuss poetry

These characters all belong to the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien. This story was written for pleasure and not for financial gain.

"I do not understand why you are so keen on this "Dead Poets Society," said Éowyn. "You should concentrate on living poets. You are a fine poet yourself, who can write poetry of your own, rather than merely study the words of men long dead."

"Always so practical, my Éowyn!" Faramir kissed her. "Even though you're such a strong woman, the best laid plans are your open hands!"

"There you go making up poems again," said Éowyn. "It just proves what I said."

"Your words are wise," said Faramir. "I will suggest that each member of the society write a new poem and read it to the others at the next meeting we hold."

"What shall the poem be about?" asked Éowyn.

"Nimloth, of which our White Tree is a scion," said Faramir. "Or maybe about the dream Boromir and I had telling us to seek for the sword that was broken.

"Trust you to even write new poems on old lore!" said Éowyn.

"What would you have me write then?" Faramir questioned.

"Why not write one about a poisoner, who killed all the poets of old? Or maybe the poets are still alive but taken prisoner by the enemy?"






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List