Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Glimpses of Middle-earth  by Linda Hoyland

B2MeM Challenge - The Steward and his sons- brothers

Format: double drabble

Genre: General

Rating: PG

Warnings: none

Characters: Boromir, Faramir

Pairings: none

Summary: Boromir sets off for Rivendell

These characters all belong to the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien. This story was written for pleasure and not for financial gain.

The morning sunlight shone brightly across the stable yard while the two brothers prepared to make their farewells.

"I wish you had let me take this errand, Boromir. Gondor can ill spare you at present."

"It is fitting that I should go, Faramir. I am the elder and hardier. Take care of father and our beloved land until I return."

Boromir had his foot in the stirrup ready to mount, but he could not go, not yet. Gesturing to a groom to hold the horse, he walked back to where Faramir stood and pulled his brother into a close embrace.

Faramir hugged him tightly. "The stars shine upon your path, my brother, until you return home safely."

"Take care, little brother. I will return before you have time to miss me."

A final embrace, then Boromir leapt on his horse and urged the animal forward. When he had gone a little way, he turned round and waved.

Faramir stood watching long after his brother had disappeared over the horizon. A dark cloud appeared, blotting out the sun.

They had been separated many times and had faced many perils, but never before had Faramir's heart been so full of foreboding.






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List