Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Unfaithful  by ChasingLiberty

Unfaithful

Chapter 2: Elrohir is AJ Parker

Elrohir's nose twitched in discomfort. The pollution of the city was not very soothing for his elven instincts. His appearance has changed very little since the time of middle-earth. Elrohir's gray eyes showed more wisdom and experience but his appearance was still youthful. His once long, silky raven hair was now short and it framed his head with a crown of messy elegance and his body was still as strong and gorgeous as ever.

So what was he doing? He was in the middle of New York City, spying. Actually, he was working and this was his job. Elrohir was on a mission demanded by Reinhardt, the director of the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency). So now, Elrohir is tailing a dangerous assassin named Rock when he would rather be having dinner with his friends, Aikasse and Alcarin (or otherwise known as Jason and Alcarin Rodriguez).

His nature and personality being as they are, Elrohir has absolutely refused Reinhardt to kill anyone. Therefore, his main job was to be a useful spy and intelligence gatherer (hence the purpose of the CIA) and his partner/co-worker would be the assassin if they ever needed to kill. Elrohir has worked with many agents, almost never staying with the same one. This time, his partner was a female, Agent Jennings, aka. Agent 231, aka. Agent Jackson. Sometimes, all the aliases and codes could be annoying. Jennings was the girl's real name, 231 is her code number, and Jackson is her public disguise name. Elrohir wanted to roll his eyes.

"Target spotted," he muttered into a concealed mike that was connected to an earpiece.

"Copy that," came Jennings' voice.

With a Team USA Olympic cap covering his face, Elrohir blended into the crowd as he followed Rock, walking several meters behind his target. He tailed Rock as the assassin turned a corner.

"He's definitely armed," Elrohir spoke into his mike. "I can tell he has a B 423 hand gun and that chain he's wearing on his neck? That's not normal chain--- There's a button on it to turn on the laser, which would be dangerous because it can cut through almost anything. I’d say it basically acts as a knife… Do you copy?”

"I copy… I’m ten feet in front of target, wearing the blue bandanna."

"Copy that."

They tailed the bulky man, Rock, as the assassin headed for the location of the Mayor of New York. The time to act was now.

"Cover me, Jennings."

Elrohir sprinted towards Rock and tackled the large man. Several passersby screamed. Elrohir tore the dangerous chain from Rock's neck and twisted the assassin's hand before he could reach for his B 423 gun. With a well-timed elbow into Rock's neck, Elrohir pulled out a pair of handcuffs and the assassin was cuffed before you could say, "busted". He and Jennings patted their unconscious victim to check for any other weapons other than the gun and laser chain. There were none. However, Jennings did find several documents and ID on Rock that could be useful to the director, Reinhardt.

"Don't panic people!" shouted Elrohir to the agitated crowd. He flashed his ID card. "We’re the CIA making an arrest! Everything is under control so please go back to your business!"

After the two agents had the assassin secured, delivered to the proper officials, and sent the documents Jennings discovered to the correct people, they had to do what was necessary at the end of every successful mission--- report in.

Elrohir pressed a button on his earpiece. "This is 114 and 231 reporting. Target captured, documents delivered, missions accomplished. This is 114 and 231 signing off."

He smiled and turned to his partner, Anastasia Jennings. Elrohir held out a hand.

"Well done, partner," he said, shaking her hand.

"Pleasure working with you," she replied.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?" answered a casual voice.

"Hi, I'm calling from my cell phone," said Elrohir.

"Oh, hey! How did it go?" asked Elanor.

"Smooth as usual."

"You are such a show-off!"

"It's true!" protested Elrohir. "My missions are always done perfectly."

Elanor snorted.

"How's the Great White North?" he asked.

"Toronto's beautiful, though a little too cold for my liking," she replied. "I love this city though. My day was boring; I've just been doing some work for your father. Speaking of Lord Elrond, did he call you about the Chicago Christmas gathering?"

"He called me days ago," Elrohir said, smiling. "Home sweet home."

"I really like the mansion your father owns," continued Elanor. "It has that homely and elegant resemblance to the old home in Imladris…" She trailed off.

"Yeah, I guess," Elrohir, said sadly. "Too bad Imladris is long gone. But going back to my father's house in Chicago always feels like going home."

"Speaking of going home, is Elladan coming?"

"I hope so," Elrohir frowned. "He has missed a lot of family reunions these past years. However, I'm sure Father can convince him to come if he really wants Elladan home."

"You guys still as close?" asked Elanor.

"Yep! Our long distance phone bills are unbelievable. I think I still annoy him when I call early in the morning… he's on the west coast, a different time zone you know. Elladan still is teasing us! You know him, 'Why are you guys still unmarried?' and 'This has got to be the longest engagement in the universe!' Blah, blah, blah."

Elanor laughed. "Have you ever tried to explain to him why?"

"Yes, for the last 20 000 years or so!" Elrohir said exasperatedly. "I told him that once people get married, the fun stops. Then he asked me what I meant by 'fun' and well… I told him he was hopeless!"

Elanor burst out laughing once again. "Oh my! That's so hilarious!"

"I don't think he understands the procedure our parents went through to create the two of us! I tried to be subtle and told him that it all started when two people went upstairs alone behind closed doors and closed windows. Needless to say, he was horrendously confused. Then I told him that you need a girl and a guy to do something like this…"

"Stop, Elrohir! I am going to hurt myself, laughing!"

They exchanged some more carefree conversation before saying goodbye and hanging up. As always, after talking to Elanor, Elrohir felt much better and more refreshed. Elanor was a female elf he met in Imladris when he was just over 100. Slowly, they became friends… and then a more intimate relationship. Strangely to their family and friends, the two lovebirds never got married. They have been ‘engaged’ for almost 20 000 years but never officially wed. They tried to tell others that they would get married once they finish having 'fun'. Needless to say, they all understood what 'fun' meant.

Elrohir entered a bar, deciding to get a drink. Before he could open his beer or take a sip, he walked headlong into somebody.

"Watch where you're going," commented a low voice.

"Excuse me," Elrohir said shortly. "I was a little preoccupied, I did not see you."

"That's okay," the stranger said abruptly.

The strange man ordered a drink and then sat down on the stool beside Elrohir, making the elf feel slightly uncomfortable and even suspicious. He studied the man closely. The stranger had a messy mat of wavy black hair that was grown longer than normal on a man. There was something handsome about the man yet slightly menacing at the same time. And the appearance… the man looked so familiar to Elrohir who thought maybe he resembled an old friend from a distant memory. The Sindarin elf frowned. There was something different about this man…

"Hard day?" the stranger's voice cut Elrohir's thoughts short.

"Pardon?" he asked.

The stranger shrugged. "I like to have a drink after a hard day. It's been tough for me today."

"Oh," Elrohir said, rather unintelligently. "I'm fine. Just taking a break I guess… Are- are you from New York?"

"Oh no," the man said, shaking his head. "I'm a lawyer and I'm here on business terms. I work for 'Chicago Justice'. How about you?"

"I live in New York part time," Elrohir replied quickly. "Er… did you say you work for Chicago Justice--- the law firm?"

"Yeah," the stranger looked at him curiously. "I work for CJ which is owned and practiced by the wife of Dr. Ethan Parker, Samantha Parker." He paused and glanced at Elrohir again. "Do I know you?"

"Probably not," replied Elrohir. "But you seem to know my mother, Samantha Parker."

The strange man's dark brown eyes grew wide. "Samantha Parker is your mother? Then you’re the son of Dr. Ethan Parker! I have heard about you and your brother; you two are twins aren't you?"

Elrohir flashed a brief smile. "Yep, that's me. Nice meeting you… I’m AJ Parker," he said, shaking the man's hand.

"I'm Aidan Ellis," the man introduced himself, still looking at Elrohir with a slight note of amazement. "Wow, of all the people to meet in a bar… Anyways, call me Aidan. I hope you don't mind if I call you AJ!"

"Not at all."

They warmed up to each other rapidly and had an animated conversation. Elrohir felt that Aidan was surprisingly easy to speak, almost just like speaking to his own brother. And there was something so familiar about Aidan.

"I'm young for a lawyer," sighed Aidan. "I'm 27 right now. Your mother tells me I'm brilliant and all but not everyone else is that nice. Some of the older and more 'experienced' lawyers can be really snooty at times. Just the other day, one of them was jesting at my middle name." He paused. "You look pretty young for someone with a PhD and doctor's degree, AJ."

"I'm 25," Elrohir told him. He smiled. "The other 'experienced' lawyers are probably jealous that you got in at such a young age."

"That's what I'd like to think," grinned Aidan. "Like I said, some of them are so snooty! For example, that old lawyer jesting at my middle name was just batty." He screwed up his face to impersonate. "Oh my, Aidan boy! Telcontar is your middle name? Are you Italian? How odd and out of style that is!"

But Elrohir was not laughing as Aidan had expected. Instead, the elf (though Aidan didn't know about that) had turned pale.

"Is something wrong?" asked Aidan.

Elrohir shook himself out of his stupor. "Ex- excuse me," he blinked. "Wha- what did you say your middle name was?"

Aidan rolled his eyes. "Don't you make fun of it! My middle name is Telcontar. I have no idea what it means and neither do my parents. It's strange isn't it? My mother told me it was an old family name--- though she remembers nothing more than that… Telcontar… maybe it's Portuguese or something."

Elrohir stared motionlessly at Aidan for a while.

"Estel…" he whispered, not realizing he had said it out loud.

"Pardon?" asked Aidan, raising an eyebrow. "What did you say? Estel--- what is that?"

"Never mind," Elrohir said quickly. He smiled to reassure Aidan. "I was just wondering, will you be returning to Chicago soon?"

"Yes, tomorrow. I was catching up with a client today and I'm returning tomorrow. Any reason why you're asking?"

"I just thought that you're not too busy over the holidays, maybe you would like to come over to my home and meet my family," suggested Elrohir. "I think they would like you."

"Well, okay I guess," agreed Aidan, slightly surprised. "I think I would like that. Your mother's certainly very nice--- not to mention, really hot!"

Elrohir sniggered in spite of himself. "You realize this is my mother you are talking about?"

"What? She is so gorgeous!" defended Aidan. "How old is she? Over forty, right? But she could pass as half that age."

"Okay, okay!" laughed Elrohir. "Just reserve your judgment on my mother's 'hotness' while you're over at my house!"

"Yes, sir!" Aidan looked at him sarcastically. "Your house? Your home should be more appropriately described as a palace!"

This is definitely another Estel, thought Elrohir, watching the young man before him talk animatedly. He and Estel have the same spirits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Elrohir flipped restlessly through some old files.  All there were was blank, blank, and blank. He sighed as he came to the last page of the record. It dated to late in the 17th century. But he found no correspondence to Aidan Telcontar Ellis.

He glanced at the last page of the thorough records his father had kept of the descendants of Aragorn and Arwen Evenstar. Elrohir remembered the despair and bitterness his family had felt towards the last known descendant of Elessar Telcontar and Arwen Evenstar. Their last recorded descendant lived in the 17th century and was named Avery Windsor. Avery was a selfish, conniving, and foolish man with a small mind. Elrond and his family had lost faith in the line after meeting Avery Windsor's family. They were bitter and had stopped recording the descendants from then on.

Aidan Telcontar Ellis, Aidan Telcontar Ellis, Aidan Telcontar Ellis… Elrohir repeated over and over in his mind. He just knew that Aidan had some kind of relation with his brother-in-law, Aragorn. It was interestingly enough that Aidan inherited the 'family' name of Telcontar, which by coincidence was also a name given to Aragorn that meant 'strider' in Quenya. And even Aidan's last name, Ellis… close to Elessar. Elrohir was almost positive that this Aidan was a descendant of Estel and his sister, Arwen Undómiel.

He sighed. It pained him to think about his long-lost sister. Arwen's death was so long ago yet still so painful to think about. Elrohir didn't want to picture his beautiful sister… dead and gone, and knowing that he would never be able to see her again. And Aragorn, Estel--- who was just like his real brother. Meeting Aidan was like seeing Estel alive again. He had to forcefully remind himself that Aidan was not Estel no matter how much alike they were. They had similarities but they were two separate and different people. Elrohir didn't want to risk the pain that would befall him if he got too attached to Aidan.

Elrohir turned on his computer and went online. He checked his e-mail.

To: ajparker@Harvard.edu.com

From: e_parker@ucla.edu.com

Date: November 18, 2050, 9:30pm EST

Subject: Coming Back to Chicago!

'Ro,

Surprise, surprise! Believe it or not, little brother, I'm coming home for Christmas! That's like… what? First time in five years that I've actually accepted an invitation? Yeah, it's been a little while hasn't it? I guess I do miss you all--- well not you of course! Legolas is invited. Sweet, I haven't seen him in the longest time. Glorfindel too! Bet Glorfy will be thrilled to see me… NOT!

Reinhardt can be so irritating at times! On Saturday and my first day in New York, I will have to meet some new co-worker, someone named Agent Evans. Damn! Oh well, I hope Evans isn't too bad. Her father, Richard Evans was a nice man. It’s pretty tragic that he died on the job.

Want to have another drinking competition with Legolas? LMAO, remember the last time?

-El-uh-dan (aka. Eric! Which is so much better than that gay-ass name of yours, 'AJ' or something stupid like that?)

P.S. How is sleeping at night without Elanor? Not too much 'fun' is it?

Elrohir rolled his eyes affectionately at the e-mail. His brother did not know how to be serious, thank goodness! At least Elladan was never short on humour. He returned a brief e-mail to Elladan. Then he pressed the 'compose' button and a fresh e-mail template came up. After putting this thoughts together, he sent a short e-mail to his father.

To: ethanparker@parkercorp.com

From: ajparker@Harvard.edu.com

Date: November 18, 2050, 11:25pm EST

Subject: (none)

Father,

I met someone in New York today by the name of Aidan Telcontar Ellis. He told me that 'Telcontar' was a name passed down in his family--- or something on those lines. I find it strange that he bore an uncanny resemblance to Estel's appearance and spirit. Aidan works for Chicago Justice and he seems to know Mother. Perhaps you could ask her to check on it! But I am almost positive that Aidan is a descendant of Estel, you would understand if you saw him.

Have you kept any records of the descendants of Estel and Arwen after the 17th century? Do you know who the descendants of Avery Windsor are? I was hoping you could give me a little more information… You should know that Aidan Ellis is returning to Chicago tomorrow--- and I will too around Christmas.. I invited him over for Christmas, I hope you don't mind!

-Elrohir

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estel--->Hope

Telcontar--->Strider

Elessar--->Elfstone

Author’s Note: Ah yes, the appearance of Aidan Ellis, who has an uncanny resemblance to Aragorn II. Who is he and what does he have to do with the former King of Gondor? 25 is a pretty young age for someone to be a PhD and part time professor isn’t it? Well, just pretend that since ‘AJ Parker’ is the son of Dr. Ethan Parker, he is brilliant and he has connections from his father so that’s why he’s such a young doctor.

Thanks to Kelly, my beta-reader.

PLEASE REVIEW!

References to the Lord of the Rings (i.e. characters, places, events, etc.) are Copyrighted © Professor J.R.R. Tolkien. Original characters, plots, and events are Copyrighted © 2003 Alexis Delaflote, all rights reserved.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List