Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Eclectic Whimsies  by Ellie

Note: Written for ALEC's Celebration of Life challenge, but submitted there as one story.  Here it is posted in two parts.

Betas: Many thanks to Fiondil and Alassiel.

Summary: Festivals can be a grand time for all and the first time attending is often the best. 

XXXXXXXXX

A First Festival in Middle-earth

The chatter of insects and frogs sings music to my ears as they welcome the darkness this clear night. The delightful sound of many elflings fills the air as they gather with the adults to enjoy the music and dancing.

The joy of celebration echoes among the trees.

Savory smells fill the air. My mouth waters in anticipation of the succulent food. Meat ripe on the bone dripping in sweet red elven wine begs me to indulge. This is indeed a rich harvest abundant in life.

This will be my son’s first festival. I look over at him across the bushes as he crouches impatiently, fairly drooling in anticipation of the feast before our eyes.

We will devour it all, eating until we can eat no more and then save the rest for later. 

It would be a pity for any of it to go to waste.

At last our captain gives the command. Arrows fly as we leap into action. My young Uglug will taste his first elf tonight.

***

Author’s Note: No elves were harmed in the writing of this story – that came later.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List