Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Little Ones about Little Ones  by Golden

AN: I lost a bet against Pearl. ;) So here is what she won. The elements she wanted includet were: Flowers, Pippin, puffy clouds, having a wish come true.

A wish comes true

 

A new day, wearing a dress of silver dew droplets, climbed down from the skies. Gently she brushed her fingertips over the red, yellow, blue, white and violet buds of the sleeping flowers.

“Wake up, my darlings. The sun invites you to celebrate this newborn day with her.”

The day rose up and the last puffy clouds in the sky gave way as the sun beams entered the world.

The day spread out its warming arms and a concert of lovely bells seemed to accompany the gesture.

“Today is unique, as was Yesterday and as Tomorrow will be. Let us celebrate together the beauty of this world. Flowers, grass, trees, birds - all living things - celebrate your life together. You are all invited!” the day cried joyously to the world.

Pippin stood speechless, gazing at the beautiful event before his eyes. His heart filled with warmth.  During the war, there had been moments when he had lost the faith that he would ever again be allowed to see the magic of the beginning day.  And now he was standing here in Ithilien.  The war was won and his injuries were nearly healed.

“A wonder!” the Hobbit whispered with awe.

Tears of joy were running over his still pale face as, laughing, he walked out on the colourful meadow to embrace the new day.

 

-The End-

 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List