Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Allee's Odds and Ends  by Allee

A Most Important Task

Summary: Legolas enlists Gimli’s aid in a rather messy situation. Pure fluff!


“Ah, Master Gimli! How good to see you!”

“Hmph! Do not try your annoying charm with me, Master Elf! I assume you want something?”

“Alas, Gimli, as you can see, Aragorn has left me quite alone to tend to a most important task. But I fear that since his departure, a rather messy situation has developed.”

“Don’t involve me in your dealings, Elf! ’Tis no concern of mine that you are left with this matter on your hands. Besides, there are those who are accustomed to handling affairs such as these; call for one of them!”

“Yes, Gimli, there is certainly that option; however, would you have Aragorn think that we were unable to cope on our own with such a commonplace, though urgent, matter? If you would simply be so kind as to assist me, you would spare us both needless humiliation.”

“I see your point, Elf—and I don’t mean your ears!”

“Clever, Master Dwarf. Now, will you kindly assist me?

“Oh, very well then. Hand it over”

“Eldarion is not an it, Master Gimli. Eldarion is a he.”

“I am afraid you are quite mistaken as usual, Elf. Anyone with some level of intelligence knows that a babe is still it until it can walk and talk.”

“Then that would make you an it.”

“What did you say, you blasted Elf?”

“Walking you do well enough, though slowly and clumsily. Your speech, however, has yet to evolve beyond grunts. It is only my superior elven hearing that allows me to detect the words behind your assorted noises.”

”Elf! Do you want my help or not?”

“Very well, Master Gimli. I apologize for jesting at your expense.”

“Hmph! . . . Legolas, do you have any idea how I might go about accomplishing this task?”

“Certainly not, Master Dwarf. Why did you think I delegated the task of changing Eldarion’s diapers to you?”





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List