Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Frodo - The King James Version  by DrummerWench

Here follows a reading from the Book of Frodo, chapter 2, verses 1 through 9.

1 Now Frodo had two kinsmen, Meriadoc of the house of Brandybuck and Peregrin of the house of Took.  2 And these two had conspired with Samwise to know all that had passed between Gandalf the prophet and their kinsman Frodo.  This they did not of evil in their hearts, but of love.

3 Now it came to pass that when Frodo with his servant Samwise came out from Hobbiton and passed through the Shire that they sojourned with Meriadoc and Peregrin before the boundaries of the Shire.  4 And these two kinsmen, knowing Frodo purposed to pass beyond the Shire, even into the Wild, said unto him, with thee we shall go, wherever thou goest.

5 Then said Frodo, know you not that I fly but from danger into greater danger?  Follow me not at your peril!

6 And they said unto him, did not Gandalf the prophet and Gildor of the Elves say unto thee (for Peregrin had speech with Gildor), take those thou canst trust?  Thou mayest trust us to keep thy secrets and thy life, but trust us not to let thee fly alone into the Wild.  7 Intreat us not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, we will go; and where thou lodgest, we will lodge.

8 And Frodo said, as the wise ones have said, so shall I do.  And great is my joy in the company of my kinsmen!

9 Then they made ready to depart even upon the morrow, for fear of the horsemen clad in black.

Here ends the reading from the Book of Frodo, in the King James Version.

PS. Verse 7 is pretty much verbatim from the Book of Ruth, leaving out the bits about dying and burial…

     





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List