Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Frodo - The King James Version  by DrummerWench

Here follows a reading from the Book of Frodo, chapter 1, verses 3 through 12.

3 And it came to pass that Eru spake unto the prophet Gandalf, saying, 4 gird thy loins, take up thy staff and go unto the Shire, even unto the land of the Halflings, and speak unto the inhabitants therof as I shall instruct thee.

5 Therefore the prophet Gandalf girded his loins, took up his staff and went unto the land of the Halflings.

6 Now in those days, there dwelt in Hobbiton, in the midst of the Shire, an upright Halfling whose name was Frodo, son of Drogo.  His inheritance was vast, and among his possessions was the great ring most precious.

7 Now the prophet Gandalf came unto the land of the Halflings, even unto Hobbiton, and spake unto Frodo as Eru had commanded him, saying, 8 thus saith Eru, thou shalt take the ring, even the great ring most precious and thou shalt go forth, thou and thy servant Samwise, to the ends of the earth, even to the Mountain of Doom, and there shalt thou cast the great ring into the fiery depths.

9 Then said Frodo unto Gandalf, thou knowest I am short of stature and meek.  Thou art foremost among the mighty and great among the wise. 10  Wilt thou not take the great ring, and keep it or destroy it as thou wilt?

11 Then said Gandalf, do not tempt me, for thou knowest that I have great power, and the ring addeth power to power, thus even the wise may be cast down.

12 Therefore said Frodo, let it be as thou hast spoken.

Here ends the reading from the Book of Frodo, in the King James Version.





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List