Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

A Light in this Dark World  by Elanor Silmariën

The last few days have been torture. I am being tormented by that wich was destroyed and I can't stop it even by the thought of healing. I am leaving this world with a few of my closest friends, and am having to leave others behind.

The dreams have been worse lately. Sam has had a harder time drawing me out of them. He suspects that I will leave Middle-earth someday, but he doesn't know that I am leaving soon. I must leave soon, or be lost.

Now we are riding down the road to the Grey Havens. Sam is looking out for me as much as he always has. He even brought one of Elanor's blankets to remind me of my little star.

I will miss her, but I will see her again.

The night before we reached the Havens I had a nightmare that almost made me turn back, but I know I cannot. Sam is now standing on the docks with my cousins, watching me as we approach the ship. He knows now that I am leaving. My heart almost breaks at the expression of fear on his face. As I hug him one last time, he holds me tightly and doesn't let me go for a while.

I feel tears in my eyes, and know I have to go now or I won't be able to leave my Sam's protective arms. I pull away and feel something soft being pushed into my hand. Sam is giving me Elanor's blanket to keep.

I smile at him, and say, "Until we meet again, Sam. I will retun this to you someday, I promise."

Sam smiled back through his tears, and nods. I kiss his forehead and say, "Namarie, mellon nin."

Then I board the ship to sail away to the only place where I can be healed.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List