Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Namarie, My Brother  by Antane

The hardest thing I’ve ever done was to watch you leave, to let you go on without me. To see all the pain in your eyes and know I can’t soothe it anymore, that no one and nothing here can. But I also saw all your love, the hope you had, your beautiful smile, the light still so bright in you. I don’t think I could have let you go without seeing that.

But I will follow you, my dear. Part of me already does. That part of my heart that you’ve always held. Just like part of you remains here, that piece of your heart that you gave so long ago into my keeping and your cousins. We will hold it close to us until we can hold you again.

And I will do that, my love, I will. Your parting gift to me was to give me that hope. This is not the end. It cannot be. I will not allow it to be. I will come to you and you will be happy and whole and healed. Good will come out of this horrible, tearing loss. I will hold you again and your eyes will be shining. You will be laughing, that most wonderful of sounds, and I will be laughing with you.

Our tears will be of joy, not pain.

That day will come, dearest, never doubt it.

I will follow.

I will follow.

 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List