Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

“”And so they stood on the walls of the City of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air. And the Shadow departed, and the Sun was unveiled, and the light leaped forth; and the waters of Anduin shone like silver, and in all the houses of the City men sang for the joy that welled up in their hearts from what source they could not tell.” -RotK "Steward and the King"

Faramir and Eowyn wondered at the new sign, but believed it to be a sign of good- that the Captains of the West had fulfilled their mission in the impossible way. The Ring-bearer had succeeded. And amidst sonorous song that rang through the city, the Great Eagle flew by bearing tidings of hope, and Faramir knew in his heart that Frodo had managed past the Dark Lord to fulfill his Quest. He did not know it but his face was wet from tears and he saw that Eowyn also had tears of joy gathered in her eyes. So many tension filled nights of discussing the Great Wave and Gondor succumbing had now abated.

All of Gondor was alight with song and hope.  Faramir and Eowyn continued to embrace each other and Merry and Bergil joined them and laughed and embraced, tears of relief pouring forth. Their loved ones may yet make it. Merry could not wait to be reunited with his kin. It had been too long had he not seen them; he hoped that they were all right. Bergil hoped his father would return from the Black Gate- he was all he had and he needed him to return back alive. 

Eowyn still held closely onto Faramir, seeing that his face was kind and throughout the days at the Houses of Healing had felt even more unexplained attachment and trust building. This was a man whom she could trust and seldom had she met a man of quality like this one.

Faramir could feel his initial heaviness lifted if not only a while, but he felt hope for the New Age even though his losses still hung in his consciousness. Hard as it may be, he was meant to guide Gondor with the New King into the New Age.


A/N- In honor of Gondorian New Year 2024 :) Eglerio!




<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List