Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

I was parched and sweating. It was easy now to slip into the golden circle into a better afterlife. I had never felt so uncomfortably weary and in pain. But somehow somewhere there was still someone familiar calling my name.

The voice was soothing, promising me a better future, one without pain and sorrow, one with hope. There flashed a kindly, kingly face with dark hair, gray eyes. Yes, I have seen him once upon a dream. He called my name in love and respect. He said he needed me by his side to rebuild Gondor. 

“Choose life,” he said insistently.

It was easy to succumb where I could finally rest in peace. But was it not my time? He kept calling my name and seemed sincerely to promise a better life and better time far from pain and despair.Was there still hope for a future without darkness?

It was the King- the dreams had come true. And now I see there is reason for hope. A promise of a new beginning. And i do choose to live even though it was easier to succumb. 

Athelas.

I take a deep breath to return to the land of the living.

"My lord, you called me. I come. What does the king command?" said Faramir.*** from Houses of Healing, Return of the King



**inspired by Lindahoyland's "Choose Life" one shot story which is very good. Also inspired by Raksha the Demon's fic "Falcon and the Star" - both highly recommend and can be found here on SoA or fanfiction.net.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List