Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Various Drabbles  by Cheryl

A challenge to write a drabble with the Twins and Legolas together. It started as a double drabble..but quickly grew to a quadruple drabble. (g) Oops...*giggle*


*******

Elrohir pulled the well-fletched arrow tight against his cheek, released and watched with satisfaction as the shaft sped across the course and struck the target’s center with a resounding thud. He turned, a mocking smile playing at his mouth. “Your turn. Or you can concede now and avoid the shame.” His smile broadened as he watched Legolas eye the distant target for a long moment, before pulling an arrow from his quiver.

“’Tis not an easy shot,” Legolas replied, his eyes narrowing in concentration. He released the arrow. It flew straight towards the target, deftly splitting Elrohir’s arrow in half. He smiled broadly. “But not overly difficult either.”

“Perhaps it is you who should concede, muindor.” Elladan laughed.

Shaking his head, Elrohir’s gaze shifted to his brother. “Care to defend Imladris’ honor?” still smiling, his voice took on a challenging note, “or mayhap your aim is less sharp than your wit?”

All three laughed, as Elladan strung his bow and took Legolas’ place in front of the target.

Elrohir watched his brother take aim until a rustling in the bushes grabbed his attention. His smile faded as a small figure darted out into the range. “Elladan!” He turned and was relieved to see his twin lowering his bow.

“Peace, muindor, I see him.”

All three elves stared silently at the small figure standing in the middle of the range, a guilty expression on his face.

Elrohir cleared his throat. “Come here, Estel.”

The dejected six year old slowly crossed the range, stopping in front of him. Head lowered, he mumbled, “Sorry, Elrohir.”

Elrohir glanced at Elladan and Legolas, their sympathetic expressions mirroring his, before he knelt and placed both hands on the boy’s shoulders.

“Estel, look at me.” He kept a stern demeanor as the youngster looked up. “How many times has adar told you to stay away from the archery range?”

“A lot.” Estel muttered. “I was playing.”

“And you did not notice where you were, little brother?” Elladan added softly.

Elrohir smiled as the youngster nodded slowly. “We will not tell adar…this time. His gaze turned somber. “But do not let it happen again.”

A smile lit up Estel’s face as he nodded emphatically. “Oh, I won’t! I promise!” He turned and darted down the path.

Elrohir stood, sharing a laugh with the other two before he pointed at the target. “I believe it was your turn, muindor?”


muindor - brother

adar - father





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List