Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Various Drabbles  by Cheryl

A one year anniversary double drabble

********

Anniversary

The Fields of Pelennor, long cleared of the horror and devastation that had once littered them, lay warm under the spring sun. Though faint, battle scars could still be seen, despite the land’s recovery. Aragorn’s hands tightened on the cool, stone wall. Men had been victorious, but at a great and terrible price. Pulling his gaze from Pelennor, he let it wander over the walls and courtyard surrounding him. What once was cold, impassionate stone was now sprinkled with color and life as the flowers and plants Legolas had gifted the city took hold and flourished. His gaze settled on the willowy and delicate form of the White Tree. One year has passed since he brought the sapling down from Mindolluin. The tree’s blossoms, delicate and beautiful, fluttered in the cool breeze.

For the time comes of the Dominion of Men. Unforgotten, Gandalf's words echoed in his head. Much they had achieved in the year passed; yet much more there was to do. Acknowledging the guards, he crossed the courtyard, pausing to allow one hand to lightly brush an outstretched branch. Purpose lending strength to his stride, Aragorn returned to the Hall of Kings, and the duties he had there.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List