Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

GamgeeFest's Keepsakes  by GamgeeFest

Sam’s thoughts as he watches Rose walk down the aisle. A Samwise. :)




1 Thrimidge, 1420 SR

My Rose

I’ve not seen her since the day before last. It’s all I can do to keep from walking up to that carriage and opening the door. Finally, it opens and I hold my breath, waiting. I’ve an absurd fear she won’t be inside, but it’s for naught of course. 

She steps out, takes her father’s hand. Her feet touch the ground and her eyes are on me. She’s as bright as day in her yellow dress. The white ribbons in her golden curls match the trim of her dress. I’ve never seen her so lovely, so radiant. Even the Lady Galadriel would pale next to her. 

With each step she takes, I feel the tension slip away. By the time she’s standing next to me, I feel myself grinning, glowing. I take her hand, and it’s as clammy as my own. We hold on tight, and it hits me all of a sudden. I’m about to marry my best friend, my dearest cousin. It’s been coming for months, but somehow, only in this moment does it seem real. Or even possible. I had been so sure it would all end in Mordor. But no, I won’t think of that today.

I hold her gaze throughout the ceremony, hardly knowing when I’m talking. I hear her speak, in sounds rather than words, soft and melodious, like a gentle, meandering brook. Then we’re kissing. Her lips touch mine and all fades away. I put my arms around her. My Rose. My wife.




GF 8/6/11





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List