Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

'Venturing  by GTA Otaku

Dragon of the Smial


Before him lies the great bottommost cellar or dungeon-hall of the ancient dwarves right at the Mountain's root. It is almost dark so that its vastness can only be dimly guessed, but rising from the near side of the rocky floor there is a great glow. The glow of Smaug!


"Foul dragon, I am great Hobbit Warrior. I will free the damsels".


"Hah". Fastred laughed as Bilbo approached him. "I fear no Hobbit Warrior, I am the great…the great…"


"Smaug". Damsel in Distress 1 (Primrose) whispered.


"I am the great Smaug".


"Oh someone save us". Damsel in Distress 2 (Elanor) had to bite her lip to avoid laughing.

Frodo didn't make such efforts, though he kept his quiet so as to avoid waking the Dragons treasure (Ruby) sleeping in his lap.


Quickly, Smaug lunged at the Hobbit Warrior, trying to lift him off the ground, but Bilbo was too fast for him and the skirmish was quickly over when the Hobbit Warrior's sword impaled the Dragon (held securely under Fastred's shoulder) causing the reptilian beast to fall.


"Uh…the great Smaug is beaten". With that the Dragon died in what must have been the best theatrical presentation of a Dragon's death ever seen in that part of Middle Earth.


"We're saved". Primrose cheered.


"And just in time for supper". Elanor said, quickly making her way towards the kitchen.


*** *** ***





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List