Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Glimpse  by Leah Beth

Chapter Two: Elves

Arwen Undomiel
You were born a princess, the Evenstar of your people, the image of Luthien Tinuviel. Your likeness to Luthien should not have been so surprising, as she was one of your ancestors, but most could not understand why you were born in the image of the Daughter of Twilight.

As you grew older, it became apparent that you not only looked like Luthien, but that you were also of the same temperament. Those who had known Tinuviel thought you might embody her spirit, though that be impossible.

And like Luthien, you chose love over immortality and passed from this world.

Elrond Peredhil
This small being's resiliency surprises me greatly. I have known only a few of his kind throughout my long life and never any made of as stern stuff as this one. What would make a stoic Elven warrior cringe in pain, this one bears without fuss or tears.

This is indeed a poor way for the little one to begin his stay in Imladris. I must make certain that anything he may desire be put within his reach so he does not pull another bookcase down upon himself.

"Estel I name you, child, and hope that you become much less clumsy."

Haldir (movie-verse)
Pain flares through my entire body for only a moment before being replaced with a feeling of nothingness. I am dying, though I don't know how I come by this knowledge. I had never before seen one of my kindred die, not before this night. Now I am surrounded by my fallen comrades, knowing I will join them shortly.

Suddenly, my long life seems much too short. All my days were spent fighting, protecting my land, so that there would be some left to bask in peace. Now that will never happen.

These are my last thoughts before I fall.

Legolas Greenleaf
Mortals never cease to amaze me. Their lives are so short, yet they accomplish much more than a great Elven warrior could hope to accomplish in the same amount of time. How they do this is certainly beyond my comprehension.

The Men of Rohan, outnumbered and without hope, fought all through the night, eventually winning the day. The Men of Gondor lost their Steward to madness and still fought on, with only a slim chance of coming out victorious.

As I watch as King Elessar ascends into his city, I am reminded that the time of Men is just beginning.

*TBC*





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List