Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Sound of Silence  by Deana

A few days later, Legolas and Aragorn walked onto the archery field for the first time since their fight with the wolves, Legolas' arm and leg having needed some time to recover.

"I cannot help but wonder," Legolas said, as they walked. "The tree's sap may have been deadly in its pure form, but what if it could have been used in conjunction with something else…as, say, a cure for the vial poisons used by orcs?"

Aragorn nodded. "Fear not, for my father has a supply of the sap."

Legolas stopped walking. "What?"

"When you were unconscious," said Aragorn. "I went back to the forest to obtain some, so that my father could make an antidote for you. I brought back much more then he actually needed."

Legolas shook his head, with a smile. "If anyone can discover a use for this sap, it's your father."

Aragorn nodded.

Arriving at their destination, Legolas stared at the target, backing up a little to put more distance between them.

Aragorn stood a few feet away, quietly watching his friend.

Gently shaking out his right arm, Legolas reached up for an arrow and raised the bow, notching it to the string as he aimed at the target. He stood there unmoving for a minute, before suddenly lowering the bow.

Aragorn frowned, puzzled, as Legolas turned around so that his back was to the target. As the human opened his mouth to ask what he was doing, the Elf suddenly whirled, bringing up the bow and letting the arrow fly…

To embed itself directly in the bull's-eye.

Aragorn gasped, despite himself, and looked at his friend.

Legolas was grinning, looking happier than he'd been in over a month.

"Did I not tell you?" Aragorn exclaimed, smiling as he grabbed his friend's shoulder. "Did I not tell you that you would regain your skill?"

"Yes, Estel," said Legolas, likewise gripping Aragorn's arm. "You did."

 

THE END

©2003, Deana Lisi

I hope that everyone enjoyed the story! Thanks for reading! :)





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List