Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

One Wish  by Meldewen Ilce

My heart is breaking as I tearfully leave my master's side...

"How could you have let this happen, Samwise Gamgee?" I ask myself the question over and over and over as I leave my poor dead master behind in the dark.

"I should have be the one dead, not Mr. Frodo," I say aloud, "Not you!"

Carefully I move away from him, feeling the burden he did as I will now bear the Ring to the place where it can be destoryed.

Middle Earth is doomed, I realize, as I know I will never make it to the cracks of Mount Doom on my own.

I bite back a sob as again I wish I were not the one to bear this alone.

"Dear Lady Galadriel, if only you could hear me this ONCE and grant my heart's only wish and let me trade places with Mr. Frodo. Let him live instead of me....Please...."

My plea is met by silence and it is then I truly know that I am alone in the finishing of this quest...

I must go on...

But I do not want to leave my master behind!

Onward I go however, nearing the end of darkness of Cirith Ungol but not the darkness of my heart...

FIN





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List