Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The White Horse and the White Banner  by Chigger

Author’s Notes – Acknowledgments and Such

This story takes place in the year 54 FA. That would make Ceorl 24 and Hirilian 22.

~*~*~*~

The Rohirrim don’t write, much as I would love them too. I had Eorl know how simply because, as the heir, if he’s going to be a successful ruler, he had better know how to communicate with the surrounding countries. I had him teach Ceorl how to write because it would make things so much easier. :)

~*~*~*~

I know Beleg sounds like a huge dog, but he is. He is part wolf, remember, and if you don’t believe a dog can get that big, I can show you some BIG dogs.

http://www.youngwolf.com

http://www.dysartswolfkennel.com

Now, take those dogs, make them just a little bigger and you have an elvish wolf-hound.

~*~*~*~

I don’t know much about ceremonies, romance or anything like that, so I’m sorry if a lot of stuff came off as being rather corny. I strive not to sound too bad, but I don’t really know how it all came off. I hope it was alright. :)

~*~*~*~

If there was anything in this story that did not match up, PLEASE let me know. I wrote many of the later chapters in rather mixed-up order so that I could get all my thoughts down as they came to me. Therefore, some things may have been built up, and then dropped completely. Work with me here, people.

~*~*~*~

Éomer, I can’t thank you enough for all your help with this; especially chapter 7. Without you, this story would have peetered out and died a long time ago. May God bless you.

Thanks again to Coriel for all your help with Legolas. I’ll miss you while you’re off at college. :(

Also, thanks to all of you who have gotten this far. And a ‘God bless’ to all who have reviewed; namely, Grey Wonderer, for your reviewing of every chapter in this story. Your time and kind words have made writing only that much easier. Thank you.

Chigger <>< 





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List