Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Children of Doriath (B2MEM 2011)  by Kaylee Arafinwiel

Summary: Ten year old Prince Legolas (about human four or so) and his father enjoy some special time together.

A/N: Helvui, in mine and Emma's (AfricanDaisy's) stories was made for Thranduil when he was born.

"Once, long ago, a little rabbit lived far away, in a great kingdom. He was a very fluffy rabbit, with soft brown fur, and black eyes," Thranduil murmured, cuddling his little son close as he began the familiar tale. "He was his little master's most favourite rabbit. And his name was..."

"Helvui," Legolas interjected sleepily, reaching for the rabbit in question...who was, by now, a very old rabbit. Helvui's button eyes stared back into Legolas' sapphire blue ones, and Legolas smiled, hugging the special toy.

"His name was Helvui," Thranduil agreed, running slender fingers between the rabbit's floppy ears. "He was the most special rabbit in all of anywhere," Thranduil added, eyes twinkling. "Because his elfling said so."

"The High King said so."

"He did," Thranduil reflected, with a nod. "He liked Helvui, and Helvui's elfling, very much too. They were the High King's friends."

"Cousins," Legolas reminded Thranduil. "The elfling had lots and lots of those. The High King was one."

"He was," Thranduil agreed, laughing softly. "Helvui didn't, though. He didn't have any cousins at all."

"Poor Helvui." Legolas looked at Helvui, who looked suitably sad.

"Mhmm, poor Helvui. But he had many friends besides his elfling and the High King, you know," Thranduil said with a chuckle. "Cabor, and Huan, and Miel..." The frog, dog and cat in question sat nearby on Legolas' bed, and the elfling promptly scooped them all up at once.

"And...mm...And Tyuron."

"And Tyuron," Thranduil agreed, dropping the mouse on Legolas' head. The elfling crossed his eyes and squinted, trying to see what Thranduil was doing. "Silly elfling," Thranduil chuckled.

"Silly Ada."

"Silly Ada. All right then, guren." Thranduil shook his head. "Where was I, laes-nin?"

"Mmm...the bit about Helvui, and his elfling, and his elfling's Ada and Nana rabbit and everyone moved to the Greenwood and lived happily ever after for 'most forever, and now I tickle you," Legolas said breathlessly, before pouncing his father and doing just that. Helvui and his friends tumbled in an undignified heap on the floor, and Thranduil gasped with laughter. He was not slow to return the attack, and both king and little prince were suitably tired out before long.

"Goodnight, Ada," Legolas yawned, as Thranduil tucked him in bed.

"Goodnight, laes-nin." Thranduil tucked the stuffed animals in with his son. "Sleep well, guren." He settled on Legolas' bed himself and stroked his elfling's golden hair, joining him ere long on the Path of Dreams.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List