Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Valiant  by Kara's Aunty

Disclaimer: Lord of the Rings belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien, etc. I am only borrowing his characters for this fanfiction and am making absolutely no profit whatsoever from them.

Credit: Thainsbook dot net (formerly tuckborough dot net).

**Please review. It really is my only reward.**

Asfaloth


"Noro lim, noro lim, Asfaloth!"

Ivory outpaced ebony as Asfaloth streaked along the last lap of the Road with the trembling hobbit clinging to his mane. Lightning hooves flashed across ground, harness bells rang in wild defiance of screeching Riders. He blazed a white-hot trail to, then through, the four who sought to block their path to the Ford, passing close enough to one to feel its creeping chill.

Finally he surged into, across, then out of the Bruinen. Only then did Asfaloth turn about, neighing fiercely at his pursuers, daring them to follow.

More fool them, if they did.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Author's note: Dialogue and some text sourced from The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book One, Chapter 12: Flight to the Ford.

"Noro lim, noro lim, Asfaloth!" - "Run swift, run swift, Asfaloth!"





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List