Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Road Goes Ever On  by Little Mouse

Prompt: Time of Year: Summer

Summery: Celebrian teaches Elrond that a little fall of rain doesn't have to ruin their day.
Author Note: I apologize for not updating in a long time, but I've had a lot of emotional things going on. My mom had a heart attack, bypass surgery, and then a mild stroke, so I've not been in much of a writing mood lately. But, she's doing well, is back home, and life is settling back into something resembling normal. So the stories are resuming. :) 

A Little Fall of Rain

            Elrond sighed and peered from the cave. A summer storm had interrupted his perfect picnic.

            Slender arms slipped around him. “It’s only a little rain, love,” Celebrian soothed.

            “Only a little rain!? Our lunch is drowned!” he gestured to the soggy mess.

            “We still have an afternoon together. And I can think of something equally as fun as a picnic.” Too late, Elrond caught the mischief in her voice. Celebrian pushed him into the rain. “Dance with me!” she laughed, twirling around him.

            Elrond grinned, catching and spinning her. Perhaps the rain wasn’t so bad.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List