Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Enigmas- The Life and Love of Linwe and Frodo  by MysteriousWays

Of Origins and Enigmas

 

Have you ever taken the time to consider the origins of some of the biggest moments of your life?

It is interesting to consider that often these important moments have their start in a seemingly un-important unrelated event. Your Uncle decides to go on vacation with a pack of dwarves and comes home with a small, plain looking ring. Years later you find yourself risking life, limb and sanity to toss that ring back into the fires that forged it. If only your uncle had stayed home!

Ever since I finished reading The Lord of the Rings I have been thinking of how nice it would be if Frodo’s part of the story ended a little bit differently. I wanted to give Frodo a little more happiness and hope, in the form of romantic love. But was this even possible? Frodo was severely wounded on the quest, in spirit as well as in body. In order for Frodo to fall in love there would need to be a Hobbitess who on some level, could understand all that he had been through.

What seemingly unrelated events could lead to the development of a truly unique Hobbitess, with the life experiences that allow her to understand Frodo’s pain, and give her the power to win his love?

Enigmaa perplexing, baffling, or seemingly inexplicable matter, person, etc. –SYN. Mystery

 

To me this story is about numerous inexplicable matters and people. For each mystery solved several more may pop up in it’s place. Events and choices both large and small, each of them key elements of a greater whole.





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List