Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Allies  by Kara's Aunty

Disclaimer: Lord of the Rings belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien, etc. I am only borrowing his characters for this fanfiction and am making absolutely no profit whatsoever from them.

Credit: Tuckborough.net

Barliman Butterbur


Black Riders in Bree trying to murder his guests! Curtains flapping, bolsters ruined - ponies missing from stables! Southerners complaining while hobbits and Rangers rush off into danger …

At least Barliman found Mr Underhill another pony, such as it was.

There were some right queer goings on of late, and no mistake – most of which had left him very much out of pocket!

Yet it all might have been avoided if only he'd sent that letter.

“I ought to turn my own ale sour,” sighed Barliman, regretting the misfortunes he had caused his guests. “At least I'd save Gandalf some trouble!”


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Author's Note: You're probably wondering why – of all the great and grand allies I could have chosen – did I choose to include Barliman. Simple: he is an ordinary (though admittedly scatter-brained) person doing his own small bit to help the war effort, and thus deserves to be lauded for it.


Kara's Aunty ;)





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List