Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Nothing But a Nuisance  by Linaewen

What good have I been? Just a nuisance: a passenger, a piece of luggage. I've done nothing but cause trouble, and everything I do goes wrong. Why did I come, anyway?

I only wanted to be helpful, to make a few friends in a strange place. I forgot that Frodo didn't want his name known in Bree. What a fool I was! It's my fault that Frodo fell and the Ring was revealed. It’s my fault the Riders came for us. If it hadn't been for Strider...

I only wanted a bite of something to eat. We'd walked so far that day! What harm in a small fire and some tomatoes and bacon? I didn't know it would bring the Wraiths to us. It's my fault they came and that Frodo was hurt! I couldn't even defend him! If it hadn't been for Strider...

I only wanted to pass the time; it was so dull waiting for Gandalf to think of the word to open the doors. A few stones thrown into the lake, what harm could it do? I didn't know it would bring the monster! It's my fault Frodo was almost eaten, my fault for stirring things up. If it hadn't been for Strider and Boromir and Legolas...

I only wanted a closer look at that skeleton. I didn't know it would fall into the well with such a frightful noise. All of them looking at me like that… I didn't mean any harm. I didn't know it would bring the Orcs. It's my fault we were attacked, and Frodo almost killed by that cave troll. If it hadn't been for Gandalf and the others...

Gandalf! Oh, Gandalf! If only I hadn't brought those Orcs down on us! It's my fault he's dead, my fault...

I only wanted to stop Frodo from leaving; he shouldn't have tried to go without us! I didn't know those big Orcs would see us. We drew them away from Frodo, at least – I hope he got away. It's my fault if he didn't! It's my fault we got mixed up with those Orcs, my fault that Merry is in danger. If it hadn't been for Boromir...

Boromir! Oh, no…

Boromir! If only I hadn't called attention to us, we might still be safe, and Boromir might still be alive! It's my fault he's dead, my fault...

What good have I been? I’m nothing but a nuisance, who brings trouble to others – trouble and death. Who will rescue me now? They've probably all gone with Frodo...

I wish I could get free...





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List