Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

B2MeM: Aragorn in the Last Battle  by Mirach

Week 5: This week was about cooperation between the teams to defeat Morgoth at the end of the game. We accepted the challenge of Glorfindel to write a drabble for every one of the 63 challenges together.

Tales of the Ranger and Slayer: A duel of words and not swords. One night in the Hall of Fire, Aragorn and Glorfindel tell tales, some tall and some true. (A collection of drabbles)

Challenge (Bruinen River): Choose a character and write down five defining traits about him or her. Now write the opposite of those traits. Write a story, poem, or construct a work of art depicting a meeting between the character you chose and a person (canon or original character) possessing the opposite traits.


Grey and Black

The eyes of the two men meet. Grey and black, the gazes cross like swords. The black eyes are mocking, insulting. There is confidence of power in them, of mighty towers and vast armies ready to stand between him and his enemies. The look of the grey eyes does not waver. It is confident, also - the confidence that he is doing the right thing, and willing to give anything for it. The eyes are calm, but piercing, looking deep into the soul. Fear flickers in the black eyes.

"I am a herald and ambassador, and may not be assailed!"


"Aragorn said naught in answer, but he took the other's eye and held it, and for a moment they strove thus; but soon, though Aragorn did not stir nor move hand to weapon, the other quailed and gave back as if menaced with a blow. 'I am a herald and ambassador, and may not be assailed!' he cried."

The Return of the King: The Black Gate Opens





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List