Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

A Yuletide Lesson  by Llinos

Epilogue

"No, he thought of it all by himself!" Gandalf was seated comfortably in "The Wizard's Chair**" in Paladin's study. "I merely pointed him in the right direction."

"And he set it all up with Sara and Rory?" Paladin was smiling broadly at the Wizard's account of Pippin's exploits in Buckland last Yule. "Ah, there's hope for my rapscallion of a son after all!"

"Oh, don't you underestimate your youngster," Gandalf's face turned serious. "He may be a little wet behind the ears, and he and Saradoc's lad together can be a trial, even for this old Wizard. But I suspect the future holds great things for the pair of them. They'll prove themselves in time I have no doubt."

"I hope that's not a warning of them trailing off after you on some madcap adventure," Paladin's face grew stern now. "He's my only heir and I know Sara feels the same about his Merry."

"Don't fret," Gandalf said sagely. "The future is what it is and you know what they say, "Cometh the hour, cometh the man – or in some cases hobbit! They'll be fine – who knows, one day they may even be called upon to save the whole Shire and then be feted as heroes for ever after."

"Gandalf!" Paladin spluttered with mirth. "Much as I love my son and nephew, sometimes for a so-called wise old Wizard, you come up with the strangest ideas!"

End/

Nadolig Llawn a Blwydden Newdd Dda!

Llinos





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List