Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Celeritas' Birthday Bash 2009  by Celeritas

Thank you all very much (if you're reading this, or even if you aren't, this means you) for your support of me over the year (ish) past.

To celebrate my birthday I put up announcements a month in advance requesting prompts so that I could treat everyone who asked with a story. I got fourteen this year and was able to finish them all by the skin of my teeth, though I did not always fill each prompt out to the letter. And because people are so curious, here they are.



Mysterious_jedi: I would really like to see something about Pippin during his time in Minas Tirith after the war ended.



Linda Hoyland: I'd love a friendship ficlet featuring Aragorn and Pippin or Sam. Marta: Theodicy and how people react to bad events in a providential universe.



Larner: I would like to see an argument between Frodo and Bilbo. I find I rather like arguments, you see. Frodo is angry at Bilbo and is trying to get back at him, and Bilbo gets wise to what Frodo's doing and manages to foil it and teach Frodo some lesson, perhaps one neither he nor Frodo intended.



Kaylee: I would like a story with Legolas and Gimli on Tol Eressea during the Fourth Age...perhaps their first meeting with Orome and Aule, or Araw (as Legolas would know Orome) and Mahal (as Gimli would know Aule, of course) :) And bonus points if you could work in the other Valar.



Dreamflower:

I would love to see you do something with this quote from the LotR "Prologue: Note on the Shire Records":

"In Brandy Hall there were many works dealing with Eriador and the history of Rohan. Some of these were composed or begun by Meriadoc himself..."

Kira optional, although if you work her in, I most certainly would be very pleased indeed.


My Resident Numenorean: Legolas & Gimli Friendship


Raksha: : I'd love anything you'd care to write with Faramir as (preferably) a main character - Faramir of Gondor, not Pippin's son. Faramir interacting with one or more hobbits, Faramir visiting Annuminas (as I'm sure he did at some point), Faramir interacting with Faramir Took, or Faramir doing something else. whatever you'd like and however long or short you like.


Rhyselle:

If your muse cooperates, I'd dearly love a story about Rosie as she gets herself ready for her wedding ceremony, and how she feels about the long awaited day. I remember sitting there, eating my breakfast under my mom's loving eye, almost too excited to eat because I was finally getting to marry my beloved Darling Man. I like to think that Rosie would do something like that too.


Lindelea

I would love to see Pippin's first venture into the Old Took's room--was it his study? I don't remember the exact quote, but there was something about how it never changed, just kept getting older and dustier. I don't even remember if the quote was in The Hobbit or LOTR.


Elanor: How's about a little bit of a conversation between a young-adult Pippin and his lovely mother on the subject of lasses, and why a young gentlehobbit might be expected to rein in his quite natural passions in deference to a young lady's slightly more complicated situation?


Pearl Took:

Can I just say I want something mysterious and with
Pippin? It can be whenever, wherever and with whoever else you want as long as
Pip is the main focus.



Antane: A sequel to an earlier fic involving interaction with Frodo and Nienna on the Lonely Isle.


Sally: Frodo has a dream about a boat.





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List