Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

A Teleri Treasury  by Rhyselle

Swimming

"Atto! Atto! Watch me swim!" Eärwen crowed as she splashed past him, while the royal family played along the slowly moving isle's shoreline.

"I am looking, my little one." Olwë laughed, treading water, as the young elleth pretended to be a dolphin and bobbed up and down in the water. "Don't go too far, Eärwen, for the current is dangerous further out." He turned his head to see where her brothers and his wife had gotten to, and then looked back at his only daughter to see a pair of dolphins playing tag with each other, circling around the silver-haired child. 

The larger dolphin suddenly transformed into a beautiful and familiar figure, who caught Eärwen up in her arms. 

"Uinen!" Olwë gasped just as the other dolphin raced up, threatening to run into him. It veered off at the very last second, sending a huge splash of salt water into his face. 

When Olwë stopped spluttering and had dashed the water from his eyes, he felt himself grabbed in a pair of strong arms, which swept him up into a hug.

"Did you miss me?" Ossë grinned at the dumbfounded expression on Olwë's face, then he sobered. "I missed you."

A/N: Takes place not too long before Ossë begs the Teleri to reconsider going all the way to Aman and Olwe asks Lord Ulmo to let the isle stay in the bay of Eldamar, and it becomes Tol Eressea.

(written on Nov 4, 2008)






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List