Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Measure Of A Man  by Virtuella

I would like to thank all the people who have followed this tale, especially those who have been kind enough to review, but also the steady number of silent readers – the hit count on this story was as encouraging to watch as the reviews! Thanks in particular to all the reviewers who pointed out flaws in the text, it was great to have people with whom to discuss those issues. Even though I didn’t take all suggestions on board, I did make a fair amount of amendments and I believe I ended up with a better story thanks to your contributions.

A couple of people have indicated that they might have missed aspects of the story, have asked what this or that meant, or were otherwise unsure about certain things. I wrote a little essay elaborating on the major themes and motifs of the story, which I initially posted with the author notes, but have now decided to remove. If you would like to have some detailled explanations, let me know, and I can send it to you.

I will not be able to write anything much over the next few months because of other commitments,  but I have some ideas for a sequel. There are some obvious aspects, like Merilwen coming to Rohan, but I am currently trying to find an overarching theme that will carry the story. I'm pretty sure I'll write it eventually. Any suggestions about what to include are very welcome!





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List