Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Vilwarin's Vignettes  by Vilwarin

Edoras, late July 3019

Arriving at the royal stables, Éowyn found that they were not the only ones that had decided to use the fine day for a pleasure ride. Near the end of the aisle there was Éomer, leaning against a post and deep in conversation with a raven haired woman in a dainty riding costume.

She jerked her chin towards the couple. "Look there," she said to her two companions.

"They use well the days while they can. Very smart of them," Arwen remarked drily. "And all right under Imrahil's nose."

Even as they watched, Éomer leaned forward and kissed Lothíriel full on the mouth.

"You knew of this and did not say anything?" Faramir asked somewhat flustered. "Your brother," he turned to Éowyn, "just kissed my cousin!"

Éowyn shrugged. "So it seems. At least the stables are a bit more discreet than the garden of the Houses of Healing. Not that I cared at that moment."

"Nor did I," Faramir grinned as she pulled Éowyn against him.

"I do not think I want to know the particulars." Arwen muttered. "I believe those two make a nice couple, though. And somehow I am not surprised that he chose a Gondorian lady..." she trailed off.

Faramir raised a brow. "And why is that?"

"Why, it is the hair, of course." Arwen smiled benignly as she left the stables, leaving a puzzled Éowyn and Faramir behind.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List