Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

West of the Moon, East of the Sun  by Armariel

Those who are familiar with "Bear Me Away!", "Anemone" and "Light from the West" may skip this introduction, which merely tells what you already know, and those who are curious to read them should skip it also, since it contains spoilers.

For everyone else: After Frodo passes into the West, he discovers that he can talk to Sam through his star-glass, which he uses to tell his friend of his life in his new home. A few years later he falls in love with the sea-maid Anemone, who had saved his life unknown to him, and they marry after the death of Bilbo, and discover that their match was planned by the Sea-Lord Ulmo. Anemone has several children by a former mate, and she and Frodo also adopt a young elf-maiden, known as Raven, as their daughter. Raven is now married to Anemone's youngest son, Northlight, and they have a little daughter, Amaryllis, named for Frodo's sister who died in infancy.

Anemone had also another son, Darkfin, whom Morgoth was grooming as a successor to Sauron. He was killed by one of his sisters when he made an attempt on the lives of Frodo and his siblings, but through Frodo's intercession he was allowed to return to Middle-earth as a mortal man, "Greenjade", along with Sméagol as companion. But that is another story, "Journey out of Darkness".

 Armariel

~~~~{~@





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List