Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Little Ones about Little Ones  by Golden

The Challenge from Celeritas was to write a story without Pippin in it.

Pearl providet me with the elements:

Legolas and Gimli.   a leaf, rain, pebbles, spider web

Thanks also for the beta. :)

I put this story to the Pippin stories, as I don´t think it needs an own section... I like writing Pippin/ Hobbits just better. *g*



 

Bitterness dissolves

I am old. I was here, before all the rest. I was one of the first.

I was very small in that days long passed. Now I am tall. I feel like I might touch the clouds itself with my leaves at times and as if I soon might shake hands with the sun.

You see, I have been here in Fangorn Forest for truly a long time, but never in all my many decades have I seen such a strange, but happy, sight.

An elf and a dwarf, together on one horse were passing by me yesterday. I heard them long before I actually saw them, for the horse kicked with his hoofs pebbles from the ground and stepped on many dry sticks, that broke under its weight and the elf and the dwarf were singing from battle and from victory, in between laughing gaily.

“Gimli, my friend,” the elf spoke, isn´t it wonderful! Look around you. These trees are the ancient kings of their kind. They are beautiful, are they not?”

The dwarf huffed, but then smiled. “Aye, friend Legolas, they are indeed impressive. I can see now, why you like living in the woods. And in some ways it even reminds me of home.”

“It does?” asked the elf curious. “In what ways?”

“See that spider web over there?” the dwarf responded. “The raindrops caught in it sparkle like silver does, deep in the mountains, when the light of my lamp shines upon its surface.”

The elf smiled. “That sounds like a nice place to visit. And visit we will it, like I promised to do.”

With a nod the dwarf  confirmed and then he started singing again in his deep rumbling voice, fast joined by the soft, clear voice of the elf.

I smile. It was nice to hear such a chorus of friendship, especially between two so different. Maybe the world is not a bad place after all, also not for a tree.

 

The End





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List