Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Blue Wizard Blues  by GamgeeFest

I’m writing an AU! *gasp!*

The inspiration for this story originally came to me a year and-a-half ago when I got Xena on DVD. Don’t panic! This is *not* a crossover in any sense of the word! Please don’t go away! Pretty please! But the premise used on Xena – an evil warlord (er, warrior princess) turned good and redeeming her past sins with good deeds and the aid of her loveable but irritating blonde sidekick – seemed like a very intriguing concept for a post-Quest AU adventure. 

I at first intended this story to be just a silly little bit of fiction, and the introductory chapter, which I will not be posting here, was in fact quite silly in nature. Then I got the idea to write a story surrounding the mysterious Blue Wizards and their rumored affairs in the East. I also knew the story would touch upon Frodo’s lingering Ring-sickness and what would happen if he and Sauron were forced to work together. As I had no idea if I would ever finish this story, nor any idea how I was going to get from point A to point B, I have only been posting this on my LJ. Now that I do know what is going to happen and have the final chapters outlined, I have decided to begin posting it here.

I am extremely nervous about this, as I’ve never posted a story like this here before. I hesitated many many times over hitting the "Publish" button and finally decided to just take a leap of faith. I hope that you will all enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

Disclosure: Rick Cottontree* is mine. Everything else belongs to Tolkien. I'm not making any money. I ask only for worship feedback. :D

 
 

* I can’t count the number of times I was asked who Éowyn meant in TTT movie when she was talking about the wild men and Rick Cottontree. Of course, she was actually saying “rick, cot and tree”. ;) And then I thought, what if there really was a Rick Cottontree? And thus my OC was born. :D





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List