Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

More Faramir drabbles  by Nesta

(Faramir's p.o.v., in case you were in doubt.)

I saw the ferries put out from the western shore, laden with laughing families come to reclaim their own; I saw the ruined farms rebuilt, the fields tilled, the vineyards full of ripening grapes, the roads in good repair. I saw the horse-herds roaming in the rich pastures by the River. I heard the goat-cries in the highlands, and the piping of the goat herds. I saw boys playing hide-and-seek in the woods, where the crack of a twig meant nothing more fearful than the passing of some small beast, or the stealthy approach of a playful comrade. I thought I heard singing amid the trees, sweeter than ever came from a human throat. I saw a girl and a fair youth standing hand in hand, silent in wonder before the unnameable colours of Henneth Annûn’s waterfall at sunset. I stood in the hills of Emyn Arnen amidst the fragrance of the flowers, and looked towards the glittering City, and distantly heard its many bells rejoicing to welcome the return of the King.

Then I awoke, and from, my high window saw the dark cloud over Mordor, and knew that I had been dreaming. 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List