Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Middle-earth Express Prompts  by Misty

Summary: Arwen and Aragorn meet up in Lothlórien. This was written in response to the Middle Earth Express 500 word challenge prompt #10: Magic. In a sense, this is a sequel to my story for the prompt #8: Hidden, which was titled Choices. You do not have to have read that one first.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arwen wandered through the trees of Caras Galadhon, enjoying the beauty of Lothlórien. Her thoughts were far away, dwelling on a certain man whom she had met many years ago, many years in the life of mortals, anyway. It was often that her thoughts turned to Aragorn, and she wondered how he fared. Her father and brothers received several messages from him, but those were few and far between. The tone of those few missives had grown more serious and grim over the years. She sighed as she hoped once again that he was well. Her concern for him and for what was happening to their world had affected her in a way that she knew had begun to worry Galadriel and Celeborn. Laughter was seldom heard from her any more, but she did not see much to laugh about with the shadow of Sauron spreading so quickly from Mordor.

Her thoughts were so distant, that at first she did not register when someone else appeared in her field of vision. As her eyes focused on the other figure, her breath caught in her throat. There before her was a tall silver and white clad man with a grey cloak and a gem upon his brow. He seemed to her a powerful Elf lord, but she recognized the man as the one her thoughts had been drawn toward. Could this be a dream? Could the magic of Lothlórien have summoned him forth from her thoughts? She blinked and saw that he did not vanish. He turned his gaze toward her, and she saw the cares and lines in his face that had not been there when they last met. A smile spread slowly across his face, erasing the cares and worries that weighed him down and he began to walk toward her.

This was no dream then, he truly was here, in front of her. Arwen's face lit up and a bright smile answered his. She began to walk toward him, knowing in her heart that all the debates she had had with herself over the years had just been resolved. Her heart was no longer conflicted. Seeing him once more had convinced her that she loved this man with all of her heart and her life would never be complete without him in it. In this moment, her fate was sealed.

When they reached each other, Aragorn caught her hands in his and they spent long moments simply gazing into each other's eyes. Aragorn's breath caught in his throat as he saw the same love he felt for her shining from her eyes. He drew her hands up to his mouth and placed a feather light kiss on the back of each of them. Arwen freed one of her hands from his and placed it gently on the side of his face. He closed his eyes and leaned slightly into her touch. Neither spoke, but then, no words were necessary in this magical moment. They were finally together again.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List