Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Changing the Past  by Misty

A/N: There is a slight deviation from canon in this story. Rather than having Arathorn slain when he was 'riding against the orcs with the sons of Elrond', I have assumed that Aragorn and Gilraen were with him and they were heading to Imladris to live for a time. In the Silmarillion it says 'In that house [the house of Elrond] were harboured the Heirs of Isildur, in childhood and old age, because of the kinship of their blood with Elrond himself…'. The quote continues, but this made me think that Aragorn would have been taken to Imladris for his own protection at some point, so why not when he was two? The twins are still there, acting as escort, but they were not out specifically to hunt orcs. I know that is not Tolkien's version, but I need things to happen a bit differently for this story to work. Therefore, this story can be considered slightly AU. I am also using a history created for Elladan and Elrohir by Cassia and Sio. I do have their permission to use Dehlfalhen and Glamferaen, which were their creations.

Please read and review. If you have any ideas for changes to the history of Middle-earth that you would like to suggest as the story progresses, please feel free to e-mail me at mistycracraft at yahoo.com and let me know what they are. If they fit well with other plot elements I have planned, I may use them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Three

Elladan and Elrohir were happy to see the entrance to the valley that housed Imladris. They had been quite anxious on the return trip to reach their home and reassure themselves that their mother was well. Glorfindel had kept a close eye on both of them the entire trip, which they were beginning to find a bit unnerving. The opportunity to talk to him and explain everything that they could would hopefully help him to better accept them. If they could not convince him that they could be trusted, they could soon find themselves trying to explain their situation to their father, something that they sorely hoped to avoid.

"We're home," Elladan said, looking at Elrohir riding beside him. The grin on his face showed the relief he felt at being able to say that.

"And basically in one piece," Elrohir pointed out. "Ada will be pleasantly surprised, I think."

"We are not that bad," Elladan protested. "Not nearly so bad as…"

"But he does not know that," Elrohir pointed out as Elladan's voice faded out, realizing that of course, Elrond did not know how many times in the future he would end up patching up Aragorn and Legolas as they dragged each other home from one misadventure or another.

"True," Elladan said with a sigh. "He has not had that experience yet, so he still thinks that we are prone to finding trouble."

Elrohir laughed lightly at that, and Glorfindel, riding just behind them, wondered who they were talking about. They were conversing softly, so only he was able to overhear them. He would have to caution them about speaking of future events where they could be overheard, however.

As they reined their horses to a stop in the courtyard and dismounted, Elrond came down the steps from the house to greet them. His eyes roamed over his sons as they came to stand in front of him, checking for injuries. As he noticed Elladan's limp, his eyes narrowed, but since his son was at least walking under his own power, Elrond decided it was not worth causing a fuss over, and turned to Glorfindel, asking for a report.

"The orcs were where Elrohir said they would be," Glorfindel started his report. "We destroyed all of them, though we took four casualties in the battle." Elrond closed his eyes in pain at the thought of the immortal lives that had been cut down. Glorfindel gave Elrond the rest of his report and stood still, awaiting his response.

Elrond nodded to him. "Hannon le, Glorfindel. Please see that all of the injured report to the healing ward, and I will join them shortly. I must go notify the families of those who did not survive."

Glorfindel would have offered to do that himself, but he well knew that Elrond would insist on taking that responsibility upon himself. He bowed slightly. "Of course, hîr nin." He turned back to the others, gathering up and ordering all those who had been injured to the healing ward.

Elrond frowned as he saw both of his sons being directed to go with the injured, but simply nodded to them in acknowledgment for the moment, reaching out to gently touch their shoulders as they passed by him, then turned to go relay the bad news. His sons had returned safely, and seemed well enough for now. He would get the full story from them later, but for now, he had to think about the families whose sons had not returned.

-------------------------------------------------------

Elladan and Elrohir were quickly released from the healing ward. Their injuries were declared minor and well on their way to healing fully. As the twins had been trained by their father, they had taken care of each other's injuries as well as any of the other healers would have. Luckily, the weapons that had caused their injuries had not been poisoned, and the injuries had not become infected. Declaring that there was nothing else to be done for them, they were released to return to their own rooms, though they had been warned to use their injured limbs sparingly until they had healed a bit more. Celebrían had come down immediately to check on them, and they had reassured her that they were both well. After speaking with the healers to get an objective opinion, Celebrían had reluctantly released her sons to go get cleaned up. She had, however, insisted on getting the full story of what had happened over dinner that evening.

The twins had returned to their own rooms for a bath and a fresh change of clothing before meeting back up in a sitting room nearby to talk. Glorfindel, after having seen to the rest of the members of the patrol, had adjourned to his own quarters to refresh himself before tracking down the twins to have that discussion they had promised. Knowing they had long ago claimed the sitting room near their rooms as their own, he tried there first. Though the door was open, he knocked lightly on the doorframe before entering and glancing around the room to be sure the twins were alone. His eyes roamed past the shelves lining the walls, covered with books, scrolls, and a variety of small treasures and decorative items. A quick glance passed the collection of weapons in one corner and the soft leather covered chairs sitting empty. After ascertaining that the twins were the only occupants of the room, Glorfindel closed the door and took a seat near them.

Glorfindel stared at the identical faces for a moment, and was inwardly pleased to see the same look of trepidation on their faces. It seemed that he was still able to intimidate the twins, despite their earlier bravado. "You may begin, now," he said, glancing from one to the other.

Elrohir sat back in his chair and ran a hand through his hair, which now hung loose about his shoulders. "But where do we begin? What I told you earlier is true. We still do not know who sent us back here or why we were given this opportunity."

Glorfindel shook his head, seeing that this would be more difficult than he thought. "Start with something simple. How far in the future are you from? What was happening before you woke up and found yourself here?"

Elrohir looked at his brother with an eyebrow raised in question. Elladan shook his head. "I don't know how much we can tell you," Elrohir said. "We were warned to be careful about what we changed and who we told. There are certain events that must happen for history to progress as it should, and we do not want to do anything that might prevent those events. It is risky enough that we know of these future events. I do not know what will happen if we tell you about them."

"If you do not tell me, I will be obligated to inform your father, and then there will be more people who are aware that you are from the future," Glorfindel answered. He would not allow them to avoid telling him their full story.

Elrohir sighed and hung his head. "We come from a time just over 500 years from now. There are many events that I cannot tell you about. History is too fragile, and there are several events which are very important for Middle-earth. We will tell you what we can, but we cannot take the chance that those events will be changed. Will you accept those terms?"

Glorfindel's eyes narrowed. By reading between the lines of Elrohir's statements, it seemed that 500 years from now there would be a critical juncture in the history of Middle-earth. Glorfindel knew how fragile those junctures could be. A single choice could turn the tide for good or evil. It seemed that things had happened for the good, or they would not be so insistent that things happen as they did before. Knowing that, he would be content to let the details stay hidden from him. Unless the twins proved untrustworthy, he would let them choose which things he should know. However, if they stayed off of the subject of those certain events, there were still many other questions he wanted answers to. "Very well," he nodded. "I will allow that there are certain things you may not wish to speak of for fear of damaging the future. I would still like answers to other questions."

Elladan nodded. "We will answer what we can. What would you like to know?"

"Exactly what were you doing before you ended up here and how did you know that you were sent back to save Celebrían?" Glorfindel stared at the twins. This question had never been answered to his satisfaction. "I'd also like to hear more about Dehlfalhen and Glamferaen. In the cave, you said you would not have the strength to turn from that path a second time. How did you do so the first time?" Having seen even a brief glimpse of that rage in their eyes, he was quite impressed that they had had the strength to turn from that path.

Elrohir looked back at Elladan, asking silently how much they could tell Glorfindel. Both of the tales Glorfindel asked to hear involved Aragorn. Could they tell about Aragorn without drastically altering their time?

Elladan knew exactly what Elrohir was asking. He shook his head slowly. "We have to be very careful here, El. How can we mention him without affecting the future?"

"How can we not mention him? Do you realize how many times we've already almost slipped and said his name? He's too much a part of our lives not to be able to talk about him." Elrohir waved his hand slightly to make his point.

Elladan sighed and looked down for a moment, lost in thought.

Glorfindel watched the two of them and tried to make sense of their very cryptic conversation. Whatever they were considering discussing with him must have a great impact on the future for there to be this kind of debate about whether to tell him. It all seemed to revolve around one person, and he began to wonder who this person could possibly be.

Elladan looked up and with a serious look in his eyes, met Glorfindel's questioning gaze. "First, I must have your vow that you will not say anything about what we will tell you here. The person we will speak of has not yet been born, and we cannot let mention of him be made to anyone. I still am not sure if we should tell you about this, but we cannot truly answer your questions otherwise. Even if you later decide to tell Adar that we are from the future, you must not mention this."

Glorfindel thought it over for a long moment. Once he gave the vow, he could not go back on it. He still did not know whether or not the twins in front of him were trustworthy, but he would not betray his word. Looking at them, though, he knew that he would never hear their story if he did not give this vow. "You have it. I will never repeat what you choose to tell me about this person."

Elladan leaned back into his chair and breathed a sigh of relief. That was one less worry. He knew Glorfindel well enough to know that once a vow was made, it would be kept.

"Who is this person that you are so hesitant to speak of?" Glorfindel asked. His curiosity was nearly eating him alive at this point.

Elladan glanced over at Elrohir and received a small shrug in response, so he looked back at Glorfindel and answered his question. "The person we are speaking of is our little brother."

Glorfindel just stared blankly at him. Of all the responses he had expected, that had not even been on the list. The twins had a brother? If Elrond had remained behind when Celebrían sailed, that would mean… But no, he could not imagine Elrond ever finding another love, not when Celebrían awaited his arrival in Valinor. And yet, they said this person had not yet been born… Though his countenance did not reveal his inner turmoil, his thoughts whirled crazily about his mind. He just could not bring himself to think that of Elrond, but if the twins were telling the truth…

Elrohir's voice broke into his thoughts. "Foster brother, Glorfindel. He is not related by blood, though we could not love him any more if he had been a blood brother."

At that, Glorfindel sighed inwardly in relief, though his impassive expression kept his thoughts hidden. He had hated thinking such a thing of Elrond, even for a moment. Considering how quickly Elrohir had jumped in with an explanation, however, maybe he had not hidden his confusion as well as he had thought. He focused his gaze on first one twin, then the other with a silent demand to know more.

It was Elrohir who picked up the tale. "You asked about Glamferaen and Delfhalen?" At Glorfindel's nod, he began to explain. "We spent much of our time over the centuries after Nana sailed riding with the Dúnedain. Though we became friends with many of them over the years, we knew that they were destined to die in what was to us, a very short time. Knowing that, we held a part of ourselves back, being their friends, but not truly letting them into our hearts. We were escorting a group of Dúnedain when the orcs attacked. We were able to defeat them, but at a high cost. There was a family traveling with the Dúnedain that day. The man, who was a friend of ours, was killed. We failed him. His wife and two-year-old child survived, but they had seen far too much in that battle. We took them both to Imladris, and Adar agreed to take them in. They needed a place of safety to recover from all that they had seen and experienced. The child had nightmares for many weeks, and his mother was too lost in her own grief and pain to be able to comfort and console him the way he needed. He turned to us for that comfort, often seeking out Elladan or I in the middle of the night to chase away the monsters in his dreams. Without even trying, he broke down every wall we had erected around ourselves. Our desire to ride out into endless battles with the orcs faded, and we found ourselves staying home for longer periods, wanting to be home with him."

Elladan interrupted his brother to explain in more detail. "By the time he came into our lives, we had grown weary of the battles, but did not see any other choice. Our initial rage and pain had faded, leaving mostly emptiness in its wake. The love of a two-year-old child filled all those empty places in our hearts. He healed us in a way that no one else could. Adar quickly came to see him as a son as well. He truly became one of us and was raised as a son of Elrond. In every way that counts, he is our little brother." They were both being careful not to give away too much information about Aragorn, keeping things very general and not mentioning his name or the names of anyone involved.

Glorfindel began piecing things together that the twins had not told him. It was likely that this brother of theirs was one of Isildur's descendants. Even now, the children in the line of kings were brought to Rivendell at a young age for tutoring and to allow them to grow up in safety, though they were usually older than two years when they were brought here. But none of the children were ever treated as such a close member of the family. Yes, Elrond acknowledged their kinship, but he never called one of them his son. What was it about this child that was so special? He decided to ask the question.

A fond smile crossed the faces of both twins as they tried to figure out how to answer that question.

"He brought life and joy and laughter back to a home that had long been without it," Elrohir finally answered. "After Naneth sailed, Ada's smiles and laughter were all too rare. I suppose the same was said of us, but no one could resist returning his smiles." Elrohir glanced over at Elladan. He was getting tired of having to avoid saying Aragorn's name. It was getting somewhat awkward. Raising an eyebrow at his brother, he silently asked his opinion on whether he could give Aragorn a name.

Elladan shrugged one shoulder. He was having the same problem, so it was fine with him to name him, but the expression on his face made it clear he thought they should not use Aragorn's true name.

A hand gesture relayed Elrohir's query as to what they should call him, if not his name.

Elladan chuckled slightly and raised an eyebrow back at his brother. The words were clear, if not actually spoken. 'He has many names, choose one.'

An answering smile spread across Elrohir's face, and he nodded to Elladan.

Glorfindel watched the silent conversation taking place. He was never quite sure in moments like this whether the twins could actually speak mind to mind as Galadriel could, or whether they simply knew each other so well that they needed no words to speak. He saw when a decision had been made, though.

Elrohir continued his tale. "Adar named him Estel when he came to live here, and that is what he was, our hope that things could get better, that we could heal of the wounds we had inflicted on our own fëa."

Elladan grinned over at him. "And you were hardly immune to his charms either, Glorfindel. Next to us and Ada, Estel had no fiercer a protector than you. You would allow no harm to come to him while he lived here."

"At least he tried," Elrohir cut in. "Even from an early age, Estel attracted all sorts of trouble. Even the great Glorfindel could not keep him from all harm." Elrohir raised one eyebrow and glanced over at Elladan, prompting him to consider all of the 'incidents' that had befallen Estel.

Elladan nodded, granting him that point. "Nonetheless, Estel had nearly every member of this household ready to face any enemy to protect him."

At Glorfindel's very skeptical expression, Elrohir started laughing. "Yes, Glorfindel, even you and Erestor, though Erestor had a different way of showing his affection."

Elladan sobered, leaning forward and placing his elbows on his knees. "Now you see why we insisted that you do not say a word of this. Even if Adar finds out that we are from the future, we cannot simply tell him that he will take in a human child and love him as a son. We could irrevocably change events simply by the telling. It is a bit of a risk even having you know. You will be an important part of his life, and I hate to think that you would treat him differently simply because you know about him ahead of time. Can you imagine how much worse it would be for one who would be a father to him?"

Glorfindel nodded slowly. He was finding it quite odd to be told he would come to love a child that would not be born for centuries. It would be rather worse for Elrond, were he to know. This was one secret he felt he could keep. The rest of it however… "Very well. I will hold to my vow. Now, as to my other question…" He leveled an intense stare at them, causing them both to squirm slightly in their seats.

"That is a bit more confusing," Elladan said. "We were sitting and talking with Estel. He and his wife just had their first child, and he was thinking back to his own life. He wondered what his life would have been like had his father lived. With his father dying when he was two, Estel never had the chance to know him. Of all the regrets he had, that was the one that weighed most heavily on his mind. We ended up discussing our regrets, and El and I of course said that not being able to save Nana was our greatest regret. After a time, we all fell asleep. El and I shortly found ourselves in a place that had no light. We could see nothing, not even each other." Elladan proceeded to tell Glorfindel what the bodiless voice had told them about taking the place of their younger selves and being very careful about what changes they made and who they told, as even small changes could have powerful consequences.

Glorfindel frowned at one part of the story. "If you were sent back to take the place of your younger selves, where did the Elladan and Elrohir of this time go?"

Elrohir winced anew at the thought. "We don't know. All we know of this, you now know. We don't know who sent us back or why. Where our younger selves are…" his voice trailed off, and he waved a hand in a vague gesture to indicate that he did not know.

"I had half expected us to go back to our own time after we secured Nana's safety," Elladan said softly. "I did not think that we would stay here. At this point, I do not know what the future holds for us, odd as that may sound. Are we going to end up reliving the next few centuries?" For a moment, Elladan looked very young. "Glorfindel, I do not know what will happen to us."

"We were told we would have to live with the consequences of our actions," Elrohir reminded his brother. "Perhaps the being who sent us here had no intention of sending us home again."

"But why?" Elladan asked. "That is the question that I cannot get out of my mind. Why were we sent back in the first place? Why keep us here? Were his intentions for good or evil? I welcome the chance to save Naneth, but my heart warns me that this was not done simply to allow us that chance. What if this being wants us to change things so that certain future events do not happen? Why was this done to us, El?" Elladan brushed his hands through his hair in frustration, then stood up and paced over to the window to stare out blankly at the view beyond.

In the voice of the eldest twin, Glorfindel heard the fear and confusion that reminded him of the twins as elflings. At that moment, Glorfindel knew that no matter what the twins had been through in the centuries between their times, they were still the sons of Elrond that he had sworn to protect from the day they were born. They were as confused by this situation as he was. His decision was made; he would keep their secret. They would need him as an ally in this. And at the moment, they needed some reassurance.

"I do not know why you were sent back, either, but you may want to look on this as a second chance," Glorfindel said.

"Second chance?" Elladan asked, turning to face Glorfindel, his brow crinkling in confusion.

"You have Celebrían back," Glorfindel pointed out. "This is your second chance to live your lives as you would have had she not sailed."

Glorfindel saw his point sink home for the twins as he watched a gentle smile spread across both their faces. Noticing the worried look that crossed Elladan's face a moment later, he sighed softly. Elladan was always the protector, the one who tried to control things that were often well out of his control. "Elladan, until this being makes another appearance, there is little you can do. Enjoy this time with Celebrían and your family. We will face whatever comes as it comes." Elladan nodded slowly to indicate that he would try to do as Glorfindel suggested. "And now, I believe it is time to join the others for dinner. I believe your parents are expecting a report from you."

Glorfindel smiled inwardly at the winces that crossed the identical faces. Apparently, even several centuries of hunting orcs could not serve to blunt their unease at the idea of facing Elrond when they felt guilty about something. In this case, Glorfindel knew that they felt very guilty at the thought that they would have to lie to their parents. He had seen that in their faces throughout their story. Standing, he gestured toward the door. The twins reluctantly stood, took deep fortifying breaths, and then strode through the door to head in to dinner. Glorfindel followed, wondering what the future would bring for all of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time they reached the dining room, Elrond, Celebrían, Arwen and Erestor were already seated. Erestor and Glorfindel often, though not always, joined their family for the evening meal, and today, the twins were rather grateful for that fact. They felt they would need Glorfindel's support for this meal. The early part of the meal passed with light, pleasant talk about a wide variety of topics. Once the meal was consumed, however, Elrond turned to the twins and began the conversation they had dreaded.

"I believe it is time for that report you had promised to give," he said, staring at the twins. He eyed first Elrohir then Elladan. "The healers tell me that your injuries are well on their way to healing completely."

Elladan nodded. "Yes, Adar. Do not be concerned. They were truly little more than scratches." He shot a sidelong glance at Elrohir with a faint smile at speaking the refrain they had heard so often from both Aragorn and Legolas. He looked back at his father and began the report that he was expecting. The report was straightforward and succinct, giving all of the important details, but not mentioning much beyond the pertinent facts. Elladan told of finding the orcs exactly where they expected them, a little bit about the battle, and of the aftermath; the injuries and deaths the elves had suffered. "The return trip was uneventful, and then we arrived home and were directed to the healing ward," Elladan finished his report with a shrug, indicating that Elrond knew the rest of the tale from there.

Elrond frowned slightly. Though the bulk of the report he was just given matched the other reports he had heard, Elladan seemed to have left out a few things. "I have heard from some of the others that your fighting styles seemed to have changed since you last rode out with the patrols. I believe I heard one of the others say that you fought as those possessed. None had ever seen that ferocity in either of you before. Would you care to tell me what it was that the others saw in you?"

Elrohir barely refrained from giving his brother a panicked look, and kept his face impassive as he answered his father's question. "It was the vision I had, Ada." His voice was soft as he answered, and his eyes showed the pain he had experienced as he met his father's gaze. "I could not get the sight of Nana at their hands out of my mind. The thought that those foul creatures would have attacked her…" He broke off and sighed deeply. "It drove the both of us to a level of 'ferocity' that we have never had use for before."

"Does that explain the differences in your fighting skills?" Elrond asked. There was something else going on here, but he could not pin it down at the moment.

"They have been putting in extra hours on the training field, hîr nin," Glorfindel put in suddenly.

Elrond raised an eyebrow at the interruption, but when Glorfindel chose not to say anything else, Elrond looked back to the twins. They seemed nervous about something, but it was obvious that they were not willing to speak of it yet. Choosing to let it go for now, Elrond knew that if it were something the twins felt he should know, he would find out eventually. Changing topics slightly, he broached the subject of Elrohir's vision.

"Your vision was apparently a true one, Elrohir. We had thought that perhaps you and your brother and sister would be spared the gift and curse that visions can be. In some cases, as in this one, visions enable us to change things for the better, to prevent something or change something ahead of time. Many times, however, the visions show us what may come to pass, but they are often things we have no control over. It can be quite distressing to know that something may be happening, but have no power to change it. It can also bring about a sense of guilt or false responsibility if a tragedy happens and you did not foresee it. Foreknowledge is a tricky thing, my sons. I want you both to promise me that you will come to me with any future visions either of you may have. They are often not as clear-cut as this one, and will perhaps take time to decipher. Having some experience with this subject, I would prefer that you come to me with any visions you have and we can determine what, if anything, should be done about them together." He looked back and forth between the twins, with a glance at Arwen to include her in the promise. After all, she had the same chances of developing this ability. "Are we all agreed?"

"Agreed, Adar," Elladan said with a serious nod.

"Agreed," Elrohir nodded as well, before continuing. "Though I do not know if we will have any more visions." He jumped slightly as he felt Elladan's foot make sharp contact with his ankle under the table. "However, if we do, we will be sure to tell you." He shot a quick glare in Elladan's direction when his father looked to Arwen.

After getting agreement from all of his children, Elrond relaxed and allowed Celebrían to take over the conversation. Celebrían looked over at the twins. "I owe you both a great deal, my sons. You have saved me and my patrol from a dangerous enemy."

Elladan smiled at his mother. "You owe us nothing, Naneth. El and I would do whatever it took to keep you and the rest of our family safe; you know that. We are only thankful that we were able to keep you from harm in this instance." Elrohir nodded to emphasize Elladan's words, and Celebrían smiled at both of them. They had always been very protective of her from the time they were elflings, and when Arwen had been born, they extended their protectiveness to her as well.

"Yes, ionnath, I do know that. You have ever been my protectors. And since you have cleared out the path between here and Lothlorien, I would like to resume my plans to ride out to visit my parents." She looked over to Glorfindel. "We will remain long enough to be present at the memorial." A shadow of sorrow passed over her face at the reminder of those who had died in the recent battle. "I will be leaving a week hence. Would you please see to preparing an escort for me?"

Glorfindel nodded to her. "Of course, my lady." He planned to increase the number of elves escorting her substantially. After hearing what the twins had told him, he would take no chances. What they had lived through must be prevented at all costs.

"We will be part of that escort," Elladan said firmly, not about to allow Celebrían to leave Imladris without he and Elrohir at her side.

"But you are still recovering from your injuries," Celebrían protested. "I know that the healers told you both to avoid using your injured limbs until you have fully recovered. I would not have either of you injure yourselves anew in an attempt to protect me. Glorfindel's warriors will be protection enough."

Elladan shook his head firmly. "You said you will not leave for a week. Our injuries are minor and will be fully healed by then. We came far too close to losing you once, I will not give those foul creatures a second chance. With us along, none would get near you."

Elrond raised one eyebrow in thought as he watched Elladan. While Elladan had always been over-protective of his family, he thought he detected a new ferocity in his voice and manners. Could this have come simply from Elrohir's visions, or was this something more? He determined to watch his sons closely for the next few days. If there was something bothering them, he would rather they talked it over with him instead of keeping it bottled up inside.

Celebrían glanced toward Elrond before answering. "If your Adar determines that you are healed completely, I would love for you to accompany me. Your grandparents will enjoy the chance to see you as well, despite what happened last time." Her voice lightened at the end, and there was a hint of laughter in her voice.

Elrohir's mouth quirked up at the corners as he remembered the prank that had roused Galadriel's anger. "Do not fear, Nana. I can assure you that we will do nothing of the kind on this trip."

Elladan smiled as well. "Haldir has too poor a sense of humor, Nana." As he saw the frown starting on his father's face, he hastened to add to his statements. "However, I will promise that El and I will be on our best behavior this time. We will give you no cause to regret bringing us." He glanced over at Elrohir. "Isn't that right, little brother?"

Elrohir nodded his agreement. He would agree to anything if it would enable them to travel with Celebrían. Just like Elladan, he would do whatever it took to protect their mother.

After the twins convinced their parents to let them join the escort to Lothlorien, the conversation and the meal soon came to an end. Glorfindel rolled his eyes as he followed the twins out. They were discussing, with a great deal of glee, just what they had done to poor Haldir on their last trip. Apparently, some things never changed.






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List