Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Luthien Tinuviel  by Endaewen

Title: Until the Servant too is Defeated
Author: Endaewen
Rating: G
Fandom: The Silmarillion
Disclaimer: All the characters and settings belong to J.R.R. Tolkien and the Tolkien Estates.
Prompt: #26. Mirkwood
Story Number: 12/100
Wordcount: 138
Character: Luthien Tinuviel
Summary: Written for the Arda100 LiveJournal community, the Doom'n'Gloom prompt set.
Note: Quotes (in 'bold') are from Of Beren and Luthien from The Silmarillion. I admit that this one isn't my best, but it's all I can think of for this prompt.

Beren and Luthien had just finished telling the tale of their deeds in the Quest for the Silmaril before the throne of Thingol. To her mother, once everyone else had left, Luthien said, “Beren has yet to say a word about his journey into Doriath. When I have asked him, he refuses, saying that even speaking of it would be too much for him.”

Melian nodded, “The regions of the Ered Gorgoroth on our borders are a horrible place. Unfortunately there will always be somewhere like that until both the Master and his servant, Sauron are defeated. While the Master will now be defeated, thanks in part to the achievements of you and Beren, the defeat of the servant will come in some future Age, after a deed thought to be as difficult as the task you undertook.”





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List