Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

From Our Hearts to Yours  by shirebound

THE RECORD

Written for Rabidsamfan


Rivendell, October 24

“You have been bested, my brother," Elrohir said. He rested a hand on Aragorn's shoulder. "I believe this is the first time Samwise has slept since you and Glorfindel arrived with the hobbits."

"Nonsense," Aragorn declared. He lay a blanket over the exhausted hobbit and rose to his feet. "My record stands. I once went five days and nights without sleep."

"Then Samwise has nearly bested you," Elrohir conceded. "That he has stood such a wearying vigil by Frodo's side, without rest or complaint, is no mean feat. Perhaps the blood of Númenor flows within these hobbits," he teased gently.

"Nay, they do not need it," Aragorn said softly. "Had you witnessed firsthand what Frodo endured these past weeks, you would not be surprised at Sam's feat. There is something yet untested within these small beings," he continued thoughtfully. "I do not believe we have even begun to witness that of which they are capable."

"Come, let us leave him to his rest," Elrohir said, guiding his foster brother toward the doorway. "You, too, must sleep. Father believes Frodo will wake this day."

"Then Sam will wake this day, as well," Aragorn chuckled quietly. "Of that I have no doubt."

** TBC**





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List